Donald Trump is now the unnopposed candidate for the Rebublican nomination for the Presidency 27 replies

Please wait...

Badha1rday

Nature's best screw up.

132,255 XP

27th July 2005

0 Uploads

12,663 Posts

0 Threads

#1 2 years ago

I for one am afraid he might win the general election of the United States, but honestly he might be better than Hillary Clinton.

Lysdestic VIP Member

Dr. Professor Logic, PhD.

44,933 XP

11th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,256 Posts

93 Threads

#2 2 years ago

I'm not exactly a Hillary fan, but I can't see him winning the election. Of course, my naivete had me thinking he wouldn't land the GOP either, so there's that.

I'm still voting for Bernie, even though I think a Clinton win is the only realistic outcome.

One way or another, the US will get exactly what it deserves.

Barbas

Hound dog

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

440 Posts

0 Threads

#3 2 years ago
LysdesticOne way or another, the US will get exactly what it deserves.

I can only watch on with dread and hope that as little of the world pays for this as possible.

Calvin%2B%2526%2BHobbes%2Bsnow%2Bforts.jpg

Silberio VIP Member

Bourée

392,744 XP

9th October 2007

0 Uploads

37,216 Posts

2 Threads

#4 2 years ago

As I see it, with Hillary, the US might keep going as the corrupt, corporate empire for a few more years; with Trump, we might see a collapse within the next few years. To be honest, I'm way more scared of Cruz. Is that guy still running?

qjyUJrq.png

Lysdestic VIP Member

Dr. Professor Logic, PhD.

44,933 XP

11th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,256 Posts

93 Threads

#5 2 years ago

Nope, he dropped out yesterday, giving Carly Fiorina the dubious honor of losing twice this election season.

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,240 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,113 Posts

1,329 Threads

#6 2 years ago

I didn't vote for Trump, politically I'm closer to Cruz though I have my issues with him as well. He's no longer in the race though.

I didn't want him to win but it's def going that way and looking to be Trump vs Hillary.

I will say I'd rather have him than Hillary or Bernie.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Digz

32,266 XP

2nd May 2016

27 Uploads

2,881 Posts

1 Threads

#7 2 years ago

I'm just scared about some of the stuff he comes out with, I just open the papers some mornings and can't believe what I'm reading! He's certainly going to be a breath of fresh air but god knows what his next move is. I'd hate to play him at chess put it that way, he'd probably shout "home run!" or something... 

Zipacna

Re-heally?

50 XP

11th January 2008

0 Uploads

4,209 Posts

0 Threads

#8 2 years ago
Lysdestic I'm not exactly a Hillary fan, but I can't see him winning the election. Of course, my naivete had me thinking he wouldn't land the GOP either, so there's that.

I would have completely agreed five to eight years ago. But now, there are, honestly, just so many people weary of being called racists, sexists, and even sub-human because they are white, men, and/or straight or because they do not agree with the - frankly out-of-control, enormous - totalitarian wing of the social justice movement in self-proclaimed "academic" circles in the United States and the United Kingdom. They may well have had enough of it to actually vote for once. Then again, they might not. Those are - as always - the grounds upon which this thing is fought; who can really mobilise their voters. What policies one really supports are almost irrelevant.

I found it interesting, however, that "traditional media" were completely unable to "handle" the situation. John Oliver's attempt to get people to call him a name by making fun of the German name of one of Trump's great-grandfathers (or something similar) was particularly pathetic, if I may say so.

But will Donald Trump be different from Clinton in terms of the economy? No. Not even a little bit. Sorry.

To give another perspective to this: As a German, I am in this odd position of seeing all this, but also seeing the state of Germany, in which the people's opinion on migrants, speaking very superficially, shifted within a short period of time. The reason is the same. Had you said anything against letting the migrants in four or five years ago, you would have been labelled a nazi instantly. You're still every now and then, but since both the social security system and the education system are slowly crumbling away now (and I get to see that unfold live and in color at my university), the sane people who would have kept their mouths shut a couple of years ago are actually voting for the anti-migrant party now. And all the people who love to shout "Nazi!" at other people are suddenly surprised the people they called nazis are voting for anything right of the very centre. Beautiful.

Sorry, wasn't trying to turn this into half a Pub thread... did I overdo it? :confused:

[center]sigpic191442_14.jpg "I'm an amateur policeman and leisure time surgeon." Sounds insane? Welcome to the pain of historians and archaeolog

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#9 2 years ago

Rather Trump than the Cruzifier. I mean, Trump is still a crap-wig, but he's not a religious extremist, at least.

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#10 2 years ago

RadioActiveLobster I didn't vote for Trump, politically I'm closer to Cruz though I have my issues with him as well. He's no longer in the race though.

I didn't want him to win but it's def going that way and looking to be Trump vs Hillary.

I will say I'd rather have him than Hillary or Bernie.

His plans of weakening China economically and strengthening ties with america's  asian allies makes him appealing to the rest of us who are now being bullied by China.

Frankly, we're getting tired of the lip service by the Dems.

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.