random_soldier1337

I live on Gaming Forums

452 XP

17th June 2008

0 Uploads

2,039 Posts

5 Threads

#1 1 year ago

From the looks of it they have been there forever, since they are completely brown at this point. How do I get them out? The washing machine obviously didn't help.

Anybody dealt with a similar situation? Google gives a lot of results. Want to know which one is best from someone's personal experience so I don't have to go running for industrial detergent or something.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,127 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#2 1 year ago

Honestly, the best way to get rid of bloodstains is to get a new pillowcase.

I any case, if the blood has been there long enough to turn brown, the pillowcase is old enough that you need to replace it anyway, based on how old the pillowcase itself is.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#3 1 year ago

It's disconcerting that your first reaction to seeing bloodstains on your pillowcase isn't "HOW DID THESE GET THERE" but "HOW DO I GET THEM OUT".

Anyway, just give it a thorough wash. If it doesn't come out, you just have to deal with it.

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,301 XP

15th December 2002

85 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#4 1 year ago

If they're really old and soaked in, it's probably less hassle just to get new pillowcases as Lindale says, they're cheap enough. Putting it in a bowl of warm salt water and washing up liquid, letting it soak for a while then scrubbing the crap out of it is supposed to be quite effective, though.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Mikey Über Admin

Caffiene Fuelled Ravings of an undiagnosed Sociopath.

45,910 XP

13th June 2008

1 Uploads

3,880 Posts

218 Threads

#5 1 year ago

Get BiCarb of Soda, Washing up liquid, a scoop of biological washing powder and some yeast. Put it all in a bowl of lukewarm (not boiling) water, and leave the pillowcase to soak for an hour.

Spoiler: Show

After an hour, if the bloodstain is not lifted, set fire to the pillowcase.

Then, buy a new pillowcase.

Mikey - GameFront.com - Lead Developer

random_soldier1337

I live on Gaming Forums

452 XP

17th June 2008

0 Uploads

2,039 Posts

5 Threads

#6 1 year ago

"Serio"It's disconcerting that your first reaction to seeing bloodstains on your pillowcase isn't "HOW DID THESE GET THERE" but "HOW DO I GET THEM OUT".

Anyway, just give it a thorough wash. If it doesn't come out, you just have to deal with it.

Well excuse you, Phoenix Wright! Somebody can't have a little aneurysm while they sleep? Or more plausibly, especially in my case, the bursting of a massive, grotesque and excruciatingly painful whitehead on my cheek or something which releases a rather large amount of blood and some other bodily fluid.

It occurs less often now but I'd get these nearly every other day during my teenage years and during recent times when I lived in a dusty and dirty environment. Probably handy to know how to clean the pillowcase in case something like that starts occurring again. Can't just spend all my money on new pillowcases.

Badha1rday

Nature's best screw up.

132,255 XP

27th July 2005

0 Uploads

12,663 Posts

0 Threads

#7 1 year ago

Well you probably should've told us it was a bloody nose or something, I don't want to hear about your bleeding whiteheads damn

Pillow Case  $12, save yourself a bunch of trouble

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,593 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#8 1 year ago

You came home <3

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

random_soldier1337

I live on Gaming Forums

452 XP

17th June 2008

0 Uploads

2,039 Posts

5 Threads

#9 1 year ago

"Badha1rday"Well you probably should've told us it was a bloody nose or something, I don't want to hear about your bleeding whiteheads damn

Pillow Case  $12, save yourself a bunch of trouble

gijeo_knowing_is_half_the_battle.jpg