Squishy

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

27th July 2002

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Hi new here, I was actually beginning to believe that BC was dead and buried until I came here, the BC offical site seemed dead and I thought that there was no interest in the game at all, so I'm glad that's not the case. I think the mods here are amazing, and if I were totally games I would choose these people to create a sequel (if they ever do one) to BC, personally I hope they do a sequel ( a borg BC would be awesome), but with the lack of news coming from the main site it doesn't look likely. BTW, has any of the modders thought of doing Archer's Enterprise, I think that would be a great challenge, the hull plating and overall look would be amazing, that ship seems so raw, maybe someone could do a set of ships from each trek timeline, i.e Archers Enterprise, Vulcan starships and of course cochranes first warp capable ship. I have created a design for a starship called USS Omega, the idea for this is based on a futuristic event where the Borg have invaded the Alpha quadrant and decimated the Federations, Romulan and Klingon forces. Earth, Romulan and Klingon homeworlds have been assimilated and all that is left is a rag tag group of survivors who come together to win back the Alpha quadrant by combing the knowledge of the three races to create the last starship...Omega. The time frame for this ship would be the 31st century, and would have a similar design to the time ship relativity plus an array of new weaponrary exclusive to that time period (which I've got a few ideas for), it would be a massive starship that would be a sight to behold, I'd love to put this ship into BC, but I simply don't have the know how, but I am a graphic designer by trade so I certainly can put together a portfolio of the ships design if someone would be interested in having a crack at it. Anyway carry on the great work, and I hope you're fantastic ships will inspire Totally Games to do more BC games.

Squishy

Cool_Al

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th April 2002

0 Uploads

12 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Archer's Enterprise has already been done, do a search for NX-01 and get the one by Admiral Ames.

Squishy

50 XP

27th July 2002

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

I did a search on this site for both NX-01 and Admiral Ames and came up with a blank for both, is it this site that you mean or another, I also did a search on Alta Vista and still nothing...can you point me to where it is? Squishy

Cool_Al

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th April 2002

0 Uploads

12 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~bridgecommander/vbforums/showthread.php?threadid=4368&referrerid=1751

go to this thread, i know there is more than 1 NX-01 and im not sure if this is the same as mine but its the only one i could find here

Cpt 2xtreme

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th July 2002

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Go here to look @ my version... its not out yet but its almost done

http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~bridgecommander/vbforums/showthread.php?threadid=6864 :dance: :fistpunch:

Squishy

50 XP

27th July 2002

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

Thanx Cool_Al for the link, but it appears to be dead, do you know of another way i can access the download?, I've noticed the name Jimmy O'Brien a fair bit, maybe if I can find his site I can find the NX-01 file, I've looked at all the links on BCFiles and could not find any other NX-01 models except for a .RAR file that doesn't work. Capt 2xtreme, your NX-01 is shaping up to be a real beauty, I love the design for the hull plating, although the comments you received about the impulse engines does seem to be correct, nevertheless, I can't wait to see her on her maiden voyage, please let me know when she's ready (oh and please don't make into a .RAR file, I'm having a real mare with those at the moment!!!).

Squishy

Cpt 2xtreme

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th July 2002

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago
although the comments you received about the impulse engines does seem to be correct

If you read on I said in it that, With the polycount being so high Its going to be hard to get the impulse into the end of the warp pylons... HOWEVER this is a Very Very early version of the model and in the next version all will be fixed and corrcet. Im just rushing to get the first sort of "demo" beta 0.1 version out this weekend. Im also going to add the greatest thing to the warp effects which everyone will love as they have wanted to see this for a while.

Squishy

50 XP

27th July 2002

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

Capt 2xtreme, I know jack about modding so whether you manage to do the impulse engines or not doesn't make any difference to way the ship is looking form the pics I've seen, personally (from an artists point of view) I think the textures and the design for the hull plating seems to make this a difficult ship to do, so congrats on doing an excellent job on that alone. I've downloaded Admiral Ames NX-01, and whilst his is good it doesn't seem to carry the level of detail that your's does, plus either my geforce 3 is playing up or there are green bits over the bridge and the deflector array on the front. Jimmy O'Briens won't work at all, (DAMN RAR FILES!!!) trying to run it through mod packer and it gives 3 critical file errors, although he suggested ignoring it, the ship name appears but the mod does not, so aside from the fact that your's look's damn good I am eagerly awaiting your NX-01.

Squishy:smokin: :p