random_soldier1337

I live on Gaming Forums

452 XP

17th June 2008

0 Uploads

2,039 Posts

5 Threads

#1 1 year ago

I am fucking huge. In a bad way. Like a giant amoeba of fatty matter. But I also want to feel my stomach full all the time except maybe an hour before the 3 meals of the day.

Is there something edible that I can eat that will add negligible calories, or maybe even be metabolised such that it takes a good chunk of calories? But something which is also cheap i.e. get like 10 Kg of it for $5 or something and which fills up my stomach to the brim?

And no, water does not count. I tried it and all the urinating is distracting from more important tasks.

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,592 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#2 1 year ago

Chia seeds.

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,365 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,147 Posts

5 Threads

#3 1 year ago
"random_soldier1337"Is there something edible that I can eat that will add negligible calories, or maybe even be metabolised such that it takes a good chunk of calories? But something which is also cheap i.e. get like 10 Kg of it for $5 or something and which fills up my stomach to the brim?

Not really, no. About the closest you're going to come, based on my current knowledge, are things with more complex structures that take longer to break down in the body, or don't break down in the body, (starches and fibres) relative to the time it takes foods from the simple sugar groups to break down for a given calorific content. (e.g. it's better to have a big bowl of oats in the morning than to consume the same calorific intake in the form of chocolate and fizzy drinks, or as a fry up in the morning. Just as it's better to have brown home-made bread than the pap they sell in supermarkets under the name 'bread'.)

And don't cram a lot of food down expecting to feel full for a while! It will accustom you to a larger meal and then you'll still feel hungry at about the same time but now you'll be eating more. It makes far more sense to take the calories that you'd be eating and break them into a smaller meal and a simple snack.

That's the best you can do, as far as I know. There are a few tricks - like having a teaspoon of oil after you've eaten - that are meant to exploit some mechanisms I don't entirely understand. People who I consider not necessarily stupid have suggested that to be a partial solve, but at the same time if it were solved to a significant extent, then I'd expect it to be more general knowledge, (and to come in the form of an expensive pill.)

A lot on and around weight is a matter of self-discipline, eating things that take the body a bit to break down, and exercising that for long enough for:

A) It to become a habit. And B) For your body to become accustomed to different intake levels.

Based on experiments on feeding members of my family, it takes about 70 days before the complaining about hunger stops and people become used to eating a more measured diet every day.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,124 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#4 1 year ago

No. The only way to lose weight is to eat less, and  move more.

Trying to do that, AND still eat all day, that is just defeating the purpose. You can only do one or the other, and you need to make the choice of which one do think is more important.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,741 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#5 1 year ago

I have always been extremely thin, to the point where those who don't know me very well question if I have eating issues. Don't know if you took notice of the thread I posted a week or two ago contemplating how to eat more, but in short I just don't eat very much. I'm used to not  feeling very full, and eating a big meal, or eating a lot of food throughout the day causes me discomfort to where I don't do it often.

But to address your question/goal, I can't think of a particularly easy way to do it; there will be pain involved no matter what, but I think that is something you can get used to after the first couple weeks of changing your diet. If it were me, I'd approach the problem by first identifying which foods are most harmful to the body, and one by one replacing them with lower calorie, healthier alternatives. My limited education on the topic tells me that the worst foods for weight are soda (with and without sugar), refined sugar-containing foods, and simple carbs (breads pastas, etc.). There are certain types of fat that I think are considered harmful as well, like saturated fat, hydrogenated oils, and the like, but in general I think it's being found that fat doesn't tend to be stored as fat by the body as much as the  aforementioned foods. Concerns are more related to heart health with fat.

I haven't had to deal with losing weight, but have had some significant diet changes that my body has had to get used to. At first, the brain does whatever it can to keep those changes from happening. Physical extreme hunger and a severe sense of anxiety and restlessness were what I felt. I didn't sleep well for weeks, but my body eventually adapted. It  may be worth ensuring your work demands will be low for a week or two when you kick things off. Good luck!

random_soldier1337

I live on Gaming Forums

452 XP

17th June 2008

0 Uploads

2,039 Posts

5 Threads

#6 1 year ago

It's not necessarily that I have problems controlling my diet. It's just that recently I have been questioning whether there is any point.

I wanted to get superman levels of fit but unfortunately life keeps getting in the way. Often, I can't get time from studies and/or other chores. Don't have access to a gym either nor am I able to do body weight exercises.

I had been fairly regular in daily half an hour of cardio for like a year and a quarter but things started to stagnate and what with me planning on graduate studies, I am not really sure even half an hour is worth the time when I get nothing. It still adds up to 3 and a half hours better spent on a practicing a practical skill. If nothing else, I could just game or something. Exercising isn't exactly relaxing and bores me.

With regards to healthy eating I do not have any trouble controlling my diet. I usually do eat some sort of grain or lentil or other veggie in all of my 3 meals along with either rice or 3 pieces of Indian wholemeal/wheat flat bread. I guess I ate too many bananas (2-3) and fruits during my midday snack with a coffee mug of milk. However, even then at least once or twice a week, for one meal, I just felt like ramming several kilograms of anything clean and edible. I also have a sweet tooth and tend to eat like 1 or 2 Oreos after lunch and dinner.

Anyway, the story goes that over that time period of 1 and a quarter years, I followed the aforementioned diet and exercise and I went from ~106 Kg to ~98 Kg and everything stalled here for like half a year before I stopped because of excessive pollution from October end onwards and simply didn't give a shit because I couldn't do shit. Not like I'm getting smaller eating healthier and without any exercising and with more important things I may need to focus on, I just feel less motivation. Just haven't bothered keeping my sweet tooth in check since and what with osteoporosis and other such things, caused by dietary deficiencies, becoming common within the elderly of my family I feel like I need to eat anything with any high value in minerals or vitamins in quantities that are more than enough.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,124 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#7 1 year ago
"random_soldier1337"Exercising isn't exactly relaxing and bores me.[/quote] I have that same problem. If given the choice between an hour on a treadmill, or an hour of guitar, I am going to choose guitar every time. As for the last few days, The BBC is doing that Doctor Who marathon, leading up to the Christmas Special, so I have been spending the entire week on my most comfortable chair. [quote="random_soldier1337"]I also have a sweet tooth and tend to eat like 1 or 2 Oreos after lunch and dinner.

You mean 1 or 2 PACKAGES of Oreos. There is no such thing as eating ONLY 1 or 2 Oreos.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Nemmerle Forum Mod

298,365 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,147 Posts

5 Threads

#8 1 year ago
"random_soldier1337"With regards to healthy eating I do not have any trouble controlling my diet. I usually do eat some sort of grain or lentil or other veggie in all of my 3 meals along with either rice or 3 pieces of Indian wholemeal/wheat flat bread. I guess I ate too many bananas (2-3) and fruits during my midday snack with a coffee mug of milk. However, even then at least once or twice a week, for one meal, I just felt like ramming several kilograms of anything clean and edible. I also have a sweet tooth and tend to eat like 1 or 2 Oreos after lunch and dinner.

Eating healthily isn't the same as eating something healthy with each meal. You have to actually do the maths on the calories and compare it to what you use up.

For example:

A 7 inch banana is like 105 calories. * 3 = 450 calories. And a coffee mug of milk - average coffee mug is 300 ml. 48.6 cals per 100 ml * 3 = 145.8 calories.

= 595.8

And two Oreos, which are about 45 calories each

= 685.8

RDA for a male is around 2,500 calories a day

(http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1126.aspx?categoryid=51).

685.8 / 2,500 = 0.27432 * 100 = 27.432% of your RDA.

random_soldier1337

I live on Gaming Forums

452 XP

17th June 2008

0 Uploads

2,039 Posts

5 Threads

#9 1 year ago

"Lindale"You mean 1 or 2 PACKAGES of Oreos. There is no such thing as eating ONLY 1 or 2 Oreos.[/quote]

Nope. I meant what I said. Just want something better tasting in my mouth since healthy stuff isn't exactly appetizing.

"Nemmerle"[quote="random_soldier1337"]With regards to healthy eating I do not have any trouble controlling my diet. I usually do eat some sort of grain or lentil or other veggie in all of my 3 meals along with either rice or 3 pieces of Indian wholemeal/wheat flat bread. I guess I ate too many bananas (2-3) and fruits during my midday snack with a coffee mug of milk. However, even then at least once or twice a week, for one meal, I just felt like ramming several kilograms of anything clean and edible. I also have a sweet tooth and tend to eat like 1 or 2 Oreos after lunch and dinner.

Eating healthily isn't the same as eating something healthy with each meal. You have to actually do the maths on the calories and compare it to what you use up.

For example:

A 7 inch banana is like 105 calories. * 3 = 450 calories. And a coffee mug of milk - average coffee mug is 300 ml. 48.6 cals per 100 ml * 3 = 145.8 calories.

= 595.8

And two Oreos, which are about 45 calories each

= 685.8

RDA for a male is around 2,500 calories a day (http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1126.aspx?categoryid=51). 685.8 / 2,500 = 0.27432 * 100 = 27.432% of your RDA.

Well, how do I account for minerals and vitamins?

Nemmerle Forum Mod

298,365 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,147 Posts

5 Threads

#10 1 year ago
"random_soldier1337"Well, how do I account for minerals and vitamins?

There's a sense in which that kinda works its self out - processed foodstuffs aside (because who knows what crazy shit a company's put in that) - as long as you're eating a reasonably varied diet, you probably get all the nutrients (minerals and vitamins) you need.

There's a guide the NHS puts out on this point relating to what the nutritional makeup of the foods you choose for your callorific allowance should, ideally, be:

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/the-eatwell-guide.aspx

There's some degree of fudge factor in that but if you're looking for some broad terms guidance... yeah.