Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,001 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,420 Posts

2 Threads

#11 1 year ago

It is the reason why. Encountering stuff in the wild lts you build up resistance and immunity.

Living in a sterile world means you never have the chance to encounter, build resistance, or immunity.

That is probably why hippies think vaccines give you autism. Not having any immunities to ANYTHING means a simple measles vaccine can also trigger this thing, and that thing.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,576 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#12 1 year ago

I don't know.  In my experience "hippies" tend to have pretty...unsanitary lifestyles.

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,001 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,420 Posts

2 Threads

#13 1 year ago

The 70s hippies, yes. Modern hippies are all iDevices, veganism, Starbucks, and driving electric cars.

There are varying levels of hippy.

Beginner Hippy: You own an iDevice.

Intermediate Hippy: You also spend a lot of time and money at Starbucks.

Hobbyist Hippy: You also are vegan.

Professional Hippy. You also drive a Prius. Or a Tesla if you love bonfires.

Cult Leader Hippy: You also think vaccines give you Autism.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Mr. Matt VIP Member

#BanRadioActiveLobster

356,404 XP

17th June 2002

7 Uploads

33,654 Posts

779 Threads

#14 1 year ago

I had the flu the Friday before last. I slept it off. Even after virtually destroying my body through self-destruction for six months, I can still sleep off most diseases - I'm quite happy about that.

I was thirsty by Saturday though. Drink lots.

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,741 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#15 1 year ago

"Lindale"It is the reason why. Encountering stuff in the wild lts you build up resistance and immunity.

Living in a sterile world means you never have the chance to encounter, build resistance, or immunity.

That is probably why hippies think vaccines give you autism. Not having any immunities to ANYTHING means a simple measles vaccine can also trigger this thing, and that thing.

I'm not sure I agree. I was homeschooled as a kid, which meant I never was very exposed to the swath of disease that the public school system gave kids, but it also meant that I had lots of time to play in the hot summer sun, barefoot in the dirt. And splash in the mud during the monsoon season. It was basically my life until age 10. And now? My susceptibility to illness is about average; when something comes around, it's 50/50 whether I get it or not. But when I do get sick, I get wrecked. The symptoms aren't too bad, but my brain is always the first to go. And when it's near impossible to use higher order brain functions, all that's left is to lay around and rest/be pathetic.

As for stomach flu remedies, I like to keep a bottle of grapefruit seed extract handy. Yes, it's a homeopathic medicine and there's plenty of good reason to be skeptical about home remedies, but once in a while you get one that works, and this stuff is potent. I'm not highly susceptible to food poisoning or stomach flus so I haven't had many opportunities to use it, but when my stomach starts churning after a questionable meal, about an hour or two after taking a few drops of the stuff my stomach starts to feel better. When I got the stomach flu last winter I took two or three shots of the stuff and only ended up vomiting once (whereas others in my family got it quite a bit worse). So anecdotally I'm convinced the stuff helps. But it can be a bit dangerous if over-used. It kills just about everything in its  path and if not diluted with a glass or two of water + a few bites of food can cause ulcers.