Hound dog

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

440 Posts

0 Threads

#1 2 years ago
Gun-Fire-Photo.jpg

I have an interest in them. I like the way a lot of the WWII ones look, particularly the trusty Lee-Enfields. To me, wooden-stocked ones have much more personality than their more modern brethren.

So, what are your favourites? Post pics and stories of your own experiences with them (we don't get many of them in this country)!

Calvin%2B%2526%2BHobbes%2Bsnow%2Bforts.jpg

Silberio VIP Member

Bourée

392,744 XP

9th October 2007

0 Uploads

37,216 Posts

2 Threads

#2 2 years ago

I'm a huge gun nut (not saying a gun advocate tho, I'm fairly critical to the general conception of the second amendment, but I digest) and lots of my favorite are also WWII models, although I've become generally more interested in modern firearms.

The only one's I've ever actually shot are a .22LR Czech rifle for target practice, and the Swedish AK5C; this beauty:

Spoiler: Show
s_ak5c_1.jpg

5.56mm standard NATO round with selective Full auto and semi auto fire. We shot 'em without the front grip though because those are for wusses.

It barely even kicks, very easy to handle, comfortable and sexy as fuck. I'd give anything to be able to shoot one again.

qjyUJrq.png

Aeia

Live with honor, die for justice!

90 XP

3rd May 2016

0 Uploads

181 Posts

1 Threads

#3 2 years ago

Hell! I added you to the people-being-missed list, Silby :D

Anyway. Yes, I have a huge interest in anything weapon (although I am not in favor of weapons proliferation). Unfortunately, gun prices are outrageously high here :( OUTRAGEOUSLY high, I say. Also, the licensing system is fucked up big time (like everything else) and ...

Talk about a nib AK47 for 3500$ and a nib M16 in the vicinity of 8000$

Welcome to Pakistan!

Mr. Matt VIP Member

#BanRadioActiveLobster

356,136 XP

17th June 2002

6 Uploads

33,633 Posts

778 Threads

#4 2 years ago

I like the P90. Not just because it was in Stargate but as a piece of engineering; it's such an elegant and interesting design. The way they met the design criteria of building a compact, armour-piercing submachine gun was quite clever, regardless of the debate around the stopping power of the 5.7x22mm round, and I love the ergonomic design, with its ambidextrous layout and down-facing spent casing ejection system. And the magazine design is just genius. The fact that it looks so damn smexy in the process is a bonus.

Aeia

90 XP

3rd May 2016

0 Uploads

181 Posts

1 Threads

#5 2 years ago

Come on, Matt Sir, don't jinx us!

You mean the P90 which is laughed upon by everybody for its ridiculously low accuracy in aiming? :D

Just being a hater :p That's because I like accurate guns like PSG1, M16 and Dragunov.

Barbas

Hound dog

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

440 Posts

0 Threads

#6 2 years ago
Mr. Matt I like the P90. Not just because it was in Stargate but as a piece of engineering; it's such an elegant and interesting design. The way they met the design criteria of building a compact, armour-piercing submachine gun was quite clever, regardless of the debate around the stopping power of the 5.7x22mm round, and I love the ergonomic design, with its ambidextrous layout and down-facing spent casing ejection system. And the magazine design is just genius. The fact that it looks so damn smexy in the process is a bonus.

Not to mention the fact that it shoots through doors, deals only slightly less damage than the Moonraker laser and has a firing time surpassed in length only by the Hundred Years War!

I like peculiar-looking guns like that. The Calico and Bizon are neat little productions, though there must be some kind of jamming tendency that prevents the design from being more widely employed. Or it might be the lack of under-barrel attachment. Who knows? Cool shooters.

Calvin%2B%2526%2BHobbes%2Bsnow%2Bforts.jpg

Mr. Matt VIP Member

#BanRadioActiveLobster

356,136 XP

17th June 2002

6 Uploads

33,633 Posts

778 Threads

#7 2 years ago

Aeia Come on, Matt Sir, don't jinx us!

You mean the P90 which is laughed upon by everybody for its ridiculously low accuracy in aiming?

Just being a hater That's because I like accurate guns like PSG1, M16 and Dragunov.

Compared to long-barrelled rifles firing intermediate or full-size rounds, sure. But that's not a fair comparison - given that it's a compact submachine gun, intended to supplement or replace a pistol for stranded tank crews, downed helicopter pilots, and occasionally close-quarters infantry/police officers, all while being capable of piercing armour (and as pointed out above, thin walls and such) it's remarkably accurate and ingeniously designed.

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,602 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,730 Posts

2 Threads

#8 2 years ago

I don't routinely carry a sidearm, for rather obvious reasons. On the extremely rare occasions when I do, my go-to is a Springfield XDM .40S&W.

On the larger scale I've not had that much experience, but I did enjoy some range time with an SG-551. Never really liked AR-15 variants. Handled (but didn't get to fire) an XM8 once - nicer piece of kit than you'd think.

I don't know how, and I don't know why, but this is totally Sheep's fault.

Aeia

90 XP

3rd May 2016

0 Uploads

181 Posts

1 Threads

#9 2 years ago

Heh heh. You're making me want to add it in my (never to be acquired) wishlist :(

What shall become of me now? *weeps*

Silberio VIP Member

Bourée

392,744 XP

9th October 2007

0 Uploads

37,216 Posts

2 Threads

#10 2 years ago

Aeia, you complaining about the prices, here you need a lincense that plus training is about 2 grand, without mentioning that you can only use your guns (which are expensive and very not accesible) at the shooting range or when hunting. I think also you can own specific kinds of weapons, not anything you fancy... And I think a Kalashnikov is outta question :(

BTW, I'm glad to see you back around here! I've had you on the people-I-miss-list for a while :p

qjyUJrq.png