Half deaf in one ear.. 11 replies

  • 1
  • 2

Please wait...

Granyaski VIP Member

High as a kite

107 XP

29th May 2008

0 Uploads

11,881 Posts

1 Threads

#1 7 years ago

The backstory:

A couple of days ago one of my mates girlfriend had a party, pretty crap but she has a pool. As expected I went drunken swimming.

When I got out of the pool it felt like I constantly had water in my right ear. I tried using a cotton bud to soak it up or get it out but no luck. I home and to bed laying on my right side thinking that in the morning it will be alright. No luck. Since then my right ear has been ringing(bare-able) and has this bunged up feeling and I assume the bunged up feeling is why I am almost deaf in my right ear.

Theres no actual pain unless I attempt to clean the ear or something and only gets more painful the further into the ear I try to clean. Not only being partially deaf in my ear GOD DAMN ANNOYING but this bunged up feeling is getting uncomfortable and quite frankly I have no idea what it is or what to do really. I don't want to start trying loads of home remedies just in case and I don't really feel the need for a doctor.


Skeptic Extraordinaire.

50 XP

7th February 2009

0 Uploads

1,253 Posts

0 Threads

#2 7 years ago

Sounds like you've irritated something in there. Go see a doctor, they can just have a look and see if there's a problem/damage.

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,013 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#3 7 years ago

I had that once. Don't touch the ear (it'll only make it worse) and visit a doctor (otolarynologist or whatever you call it). I went to a general doctor who messed the treatment up, as a result I had problems for over two months with an ear infection. Eventually I went to a specialist who gave me antibiotics and used some special cleaning equipment in addition to jamming cotton into the ear. It took 2-3 weeks for the infection to completly disappear then.

Freyr VIP Member

A2Files Staff

46,875 XP

6th February 2005

11 Uploads

4,275 Posts

0 Threads

#4 7 years ago


I don't really feel the need for a doctor.

Your British, so use the system. If you don't want to speak to your doctor (and personally, I would do right now) then you do have other options, such as calling NHS Direct on 0845 4647 ( That is the correct number, It's not a typo.)

You'll get a qualified medical professional who can usually diagnose the problem over the phone. If it's nothing to worry about, then they'll say so. If it requires immediate treatment then they'll tell what they think the problem is, and you can tell that to the receptionist at the GP's practice when calling to arrange an appointment with your GP.

It's open 24/7, so just call them now and get it over with.



92,890 XP

7th January 2011

0 Uploads

8,664 Posts

0 Threads

#5 7 years ago

Stay away from the ear sex, Grany.


You'll never walk alone.

50 XP

18th June 2008

0 Uploads

9,518 Posts

0 Threads

#6 7 years ago

There is also a dry ear product that you can buy it's basically acid that burns the canal and dries it up. The same thing happened to me when I went swimming in the keys. Probably at any local drug store

Schofield VIP Member

om :A

319,554 XP

24th October 2007

1 Uploads

30,539 Posts

0 Threads

#7 7 years ago

I've had that exact problem before, happens to me every few months. Doctor just uses a syringe on my ear (yes it hurts, but it's worth it), and makes it feel all better.

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,365 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,147 Posts

5 Threads

#8 7 years ago

Do the other one so you're balanced properly.

Also go find yourself a doctor, it's not like you've got to pay for them. GPs are basically just there to fix boo-boos like this and issue drugs anyway - anything more substantial you go to the ER.

Darkness Knight 15


50 XP

15th May 2003

0 Uploads

4,262 Posts

0 Threads

#9 7 years ago

I'd go see the doctor man! As they said, use the British system, haha.

I wish you all the best of luck in recovery, man!


I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 7 years ago

I suggest immediate amputation. [/unserious]

Just do what these lads have said. No sense sitting around with a busted ear.

  • 1
  • 2