Silberio VIP Member

Bourée

392,744 XP

9th October 2007

0 Uploads

37,216 Posts

2 Threads

#1 2 years ago

I would suffer from this every single day back when I was eating normal. Then my mom talked me into eating healthy and it pretty much dissapeared.

The other thing was that I laid off spicy (mainly because I went completely broke and couldn't afford my precious Jalapeños anymore) but here be my greatest dilemma: I McFuckin' love spicy.

I've been doing without because, as I mentioned, I haven't been able to get spicy stuff since I'm the only one in the household that likes spicy, so now I don't know if I should resort to only eating spicy once in a while hoping that it'll cause less chestal pain, or just live through the pain every once in a while in favor of spicy, or just cut it all off. It sucks. First world problems. Cheeki-breeki.

Any of ya'll that suffer from this? How do you guys cope? I'm desperate.

qjyUJrq.png

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,396 XP

15th December 2002

48 Uploads

22,460 Posts

1,702 Threads

#2 2 years ago

I suffer from it real bad.

Honestly I should go with the better diet route.

In reality, I get a shed load of acid-supressing drugs that I shouldn't really have from my diabetic uncle, and lots of Gaviscon.

So that works for me unless I forget to take the pill, which means I won't sleep that night because my chest will be on fire.

I'm a medical disaster at this point.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Mr. Matt VIP Member

#BanRadioActiveLobster

356,227 XP

17th June 2002

7 Uploads

33,640 Posts

779 Threads

#3 2 years ago

I've never knowingly had heartburn. I'm not sure what it feels like, but the name sounds painful.

Silberio VIP Member

Bourée

392,744 XP

9th October 2007

0 Uploads

37,216 Posts

2 Threads

#4 2 years ago

It's like someone poured acid down your throat, set it on fire and kept it in place for the duration of the day.

I was taking some pills my mom have that really helped a lot. Now, if I should've been taking them or not, I have no idea. It's truly a crappy feeling though. Worse is not really knowing the cause and when you find out, staying away from said delicious cause. I've heard milk helps too, but I've never found it helped on the long run. Maybe for a few minutes, but no more than that.

qjyUJrq.png

Barbas

Hound dog

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

440 Posts

0 Threads

#5 2 years ago

If you eat spicy stuff that's also rather coconutty, like a Thai green curry, does that balance things out a bit and alleviate some of the problem?

Calvin%2B%2526%2BHobbes%2Bsnow%2Bforts.jpg

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#6 2 years ago

I had it really bad for a period, but it seems to have subsided. I do eat significantly less, and I don't really eat as many spicy foods as I used to. I guess that could be the culprit?

Mind you, the acid reflux that accompanied it was enough to make me want to just quit eating for the rest of the day >.>

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#7 2 years ago

Silberio I would suffer from this every single day back when I was eating normal. Then my mom talked me into eating healthy and it pretty much dissapeared.

The other thing was that I laid off spicy (mainly because I went completely broke and couldn't afford my precious Jalapeños anymore) but here be my greatest dilemma: I McFuckin' love spicy.

I've been doing without because, as I mentioned, I haven't been able to get spicy stuff since I'm the only one in the household that likes spicy, so now I don't know if I should resort to only eating spicy once in a while hoping that it'll cause less chestal pain, or just live through the pain every once in a while in favor of spicy, or just cut it all off. It sucks. First world problems. Cheeki-breeki.

Any of ya'll that suffer from this? How do you guys cope? I'm desperate.

Question: Did you experience this when you were still living south of the equator?

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Aeia

Live with honor, die for justice!

90 XP

3rd May 2016

0 Uploads

181 Posts

1 Threads

#8 2 years ago

It is common around here too. But here the symptoms are slightly different. Instead of the throat, you get the burning, heavy sensation in the central chest region. Also, there is pain on the left side (heart side) and the chest feels like being pressed by a huge rock. That's heartburn for South Asians.

So then. Fortunately we have several herbal remedies for that. Although it has been sometime since I got it last time (and I didn't use the herbal remedies then) but I have prepared the herbal formula (known as Triphla) for some other reasons (it helps with sleep and mental freshness too).

For me, it is only-meat-no-wheat diet that causes it. Even if I eat roasted meat without any spice, I get that. For all you guys who get that due to high spice intake, there's a herbal remedy which should help. Take several raw bananas (green and rather hard, as compared to ripened soft, yellow), peel off the skins and place the pulp in sunlight to dry. Once dried completely (might take 5-6 days, as you guys get very less sunlight), grind them up into a powder. Take two teaspoonfuls of this unripened-dried-banana powder everyday for as long as the heartburn persists.

Actually all that it does is that it creates a layer of acid resistant veneer in your stomach so that the acid does not attack the stomach lining. This also enables your stomach to heal by growing back its natural acid-resistant layer. This layer is destroyed if you take too much spicy food consistently for sometime.

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#9 2 years ago

Aeia It is common around here too. But here the symptoms are slightly different. Instead of the throat, you get the burning, heavy sensation in the central chest region. Also, there is pain on the left side (heart side) and the chest feels like being pressed by a huge rock. That's heartburn for South Asians.

So then. Fortunately we have several herbal remedies for that. Although it has been sometime since I got it last time (and I didn't use the herbal remedies then) but I have prepared the herbal formula (known as Triphla) for some other reasons (it helps with sleep and mental freshness too).

For me, it is only-meat-no-wheat diet that causes it. Even if I eat roasted meat without any spice, I get that. For all you guys who get that due to high spice intake, there's a herbal remedy which should help. Take several raw bananas (green and rather hard, as compared to ripened soft, yellow), peel off the skins and place the pulp in sunlight to dry. Once dried completely (might take 5-6 days, as you guys get very less sunlight), grind them up into a powder. Take two teaspoonfuls of this unripened-dried-banana powder everyday for as long as the heartburn persists.

Actually all that it does is that it creates a layer of acid resistant veneer in your stomach so that the acid does not attack the stomach lining. This also enables your stomach to heal by growing back its natural acid-resistant layer. This layer is destroyed if you take too much spicy food consistently for sometime.

Holy shit I have forgotten all about this remedy. Thanks mate.

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Mr. Matt VIP Member

#BanRadioActiveLobster

356,227 XP

17th June 2002

7 Uploads

33,640 Posts

779 Threads

#10 2 years ago
Silberio It's like someone poured acid down your throat, set it on fire and kept it in place for the duration of the day.

Sounds like a great weekend to me.