GrandAdmiralD

Join the Dark Side

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#1 17 years ago

When ever I package a mod into BCMod format it says I'm missing the file AND.PYC. I can't seem to find it anywhere. If anybody has this file please send it to [email="courascant@hotmail.com"]courascant@hotmail.com[/email] thank you

MilleauRekiir

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

631 Posts

0 Threads

#2 17 years ago

What files are you packaging? If your packaging something that could be called AND, then there will be three pyc files called that that must be included... Also, if you got your version of the foundation through bcmp, some empty files won't have been added that are otherwise included in the foundation - hence the debacle over foundationtrigger.py when nano was introduced. I'll see if I have the file and what it is.

036dhbrd

Logic Must give way to Physics

50 XP

6th September 2003

0 Uploads

64 Posts

0 Threads

#3 17 years ago

What are you trying to package?

starforce2

BCfiles Site Admin

50 XP

4th June 2002

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#4 17 years ago

BCMI is evil. A simple solution to this problem would be to learn how to package your mods manually. If you keep a build folder on your desktop with all the proper paths in it, and add your projectile files and stuff right off as you make them (in other words, simple organisation skills) you will be fine. I do this all the time. If you are doing several ships of similar type, you may want to have a common files pack, such as what I did with my tmp ship releases. I placed all weapon related py's, textures, and sound files in a file and people install it once and it saves me alot of time adding the same files over and over to my tmp ships, which no total over 30 I would guess, by now.

elminster

Bridge Commander Master HPer

50 XP

26th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,448 Posts

0 Threads

#5 17 years ago
starforce2BCMI is evil. A simple solution to this problem would be to learn how to package your mods manually. If you keep a build folder on your desktop with all the proper paths in it, and add your projectile files and stuff right off as you make them (in other words, simple organisation skills) you will be fine. I do this all the time. If you are doing several ships of similar type, you may want to have a common files pack, such as what I did with my tmp ship releases. I placed all weapon related py's, textures, and sound files in a file and people install it once and it saves me alot of time adding the same files over and over to my tmp ships, which no total over 30 I would guess, by now.

You can also give them unique names so they don't conflict with any other projectiles, and it makes the whole lot easier to update with subsequent versions.