Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#1 2 years ago

After seeing unic0rn's thread and being reminded of the iPhone 4 antenna problem, I'm actually rather curious now how all of you tend to hold your phones?

Some people will hold it very loosely, with only the finger on the sides. I prefer pressing one corner into my palm and keeping one finger around the other corner. I'm paranoid as hell about the phone slipping out of my grip.

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,236 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,113 Posts

1,329 Threads

#2 2 years ago

I hold it like a normal human being...

with my feet.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Silberio VIP Member

Bourée

392,744 XP

9th October 2007

0 Uploads

37,216 Posts

2 Threads

#3 2 years ago

^ +Filetrekker

I tend to go with a firm grip in style of Serio's. One because I know I'm an uncoordinated fuck with the motor skills of oiled up, frozen sausage and second because of my upbringing in a place where you could get half your possessions snatched in as much as a nanoblink of an eye if you weren't inhumanely alert.

I miss Chile.

qjyUJrq.png

unic0rn

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

239 Posts

0 Threads

#4 2 years ago

RAD confirmed to be a redheaded monkey.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#5 2 years ago

Silberio^ +Filetrekker

I tend to go with a firm grip in style of Serio's. One because I know I'm an uncoordinated fuck with the motor skills of oiled up, frozen sausage and second because of my upbringing in a place where you could get half your possessions snatched in as much as a nanoblink of an eye if you weren't inhumanely alert.

I miss Chile.[/quote] An oiled up, frozen sausage has better motor skills than me. I can throw a ball towards a wall in front of me, and have it hit me in the back of my head without ever bouncing. [quote=unic0rn]RAD confirmed to be a redheaded monkey.

I was about to ask what RAL has done to you. It seems "redheaded" can easily be read as "retarded" when you're only skimming.

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,726 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

793 Posts

9 Threads

#6 2 years ago

I get the same feeling when I hold my phone as I get in really high places. So I wrap my fingers around as many edges of the phone as possible, which usually means 3 edges.

As far as holding the phone while talking on it, I hold it in my hand, in front of me, as only the speaker phone mode works. *sigh* An interesting bit of tech knowledge is that there are strict restrictions on the amount of microwave and similar radiation that gets absorbed by your head. As such, the phone antenna is designed such that it will not transmit a signal in the direction of the inside of the phone (the screen side). So if you're having trouble getting a signal, rotating the phone around a bit may help.

unic0rn

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

239 Posts

0 Threads

#7 2 years ago
Serio

Silberio^ +Filetrekker

I miss Chile.[/quote] An oiled up, frozen sausage has better motor skills than me. I can throw a ball towards a wall in front of me, and have it hit me in the back of my head without ever bouncing. [quote=unic0rn]RAD confirmed to be a redheaded monkey.

I was about to ask what RAL has done to you. It seems "redheaded" can easily be read as "retarded" when you're only skimming.

it's also easy it seems to miss the part where i've misspelled RAL as RAD.

retarded? RAL? nah. far from it.

you, on the other hand... ;)

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#8 2 years ago

I use my left hand, with the thumb on the left side and most or all of my fingers holding the right side. 

unic0rn

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

239 Posts

0 Threads

#9 2 years ago

of course you do. right hand needs to be free for...

217497_13190054936Q8L.gif

Lysdestic VIP Member

Dr. Professor Logic, PhD.

44,933 XP

11th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,256 Posts

93 Threads

#10 2 years ago

I don't. Some jackass stole it and I've been without for a couple of weeks. :cort:

Nobody ever called me anyway.