random_soldier1337

I live on Gaming Forums

452 XP

17th June 2008

0 Uploads

2,039 Posts

5 Threads

#1 1 year ago

Or knew anyone from these forums or Filefront (when it existed)?

Mr. Matt VIP Member

#BanRadioActiveLobster

356,406 XP

17th June 2002

7 Uploads

33,654 Posts

779 Threads

#2 1 year ago

Does Facebook count as 'real life'?

FT and I did once talk about meeting up for reals, but given that it was Valentine's day weekend and I was in Manchester with my sociopathic ex, I think we both decided it would be weird. Mainly because he didn't have protection.

Entirely, actually. He thought that being bald constituted being a human condom, and I was like, naw. 

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,012 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#3 1 year ago

I met Donutz, Lord Wiener, LightningNL and some other guys from the old Forgotten Hope subforums once many years ago.

Also met Crazy Wolf once when he came to Germany.

random_soldier1337

I live on Gaming Forums

452 XP

17th June 2008

0 Uploads

2,039 Posts

5 Threads

#4 1 year ago

"Mr. Matt"Does Facebook count as 'real life'?

FT and I did once talk about meeting up for reals, but given that it was Valentine's day weekend and I was in Manchester with my sociopathic ex, I think we both decided it would be weird. Mainly because he didn't have protection.

Entirely, actually. He thought that being bald constituted being a human condom, and I was like, naw. [/quote]

No FB doesn't count. Also, you should have done it. You could've buttered him up so good in that trio of yours. *wink wink* *nudge nudge* *take a hint guy*

[quote="MrFancypants"]I met Donutz, Lord Wiener, LightningNL and some other guys from the old Forgotten Hope subforums once many years ago.

Also met Crazy Wolf once when he came to Germany.

That's why I made this thread. I do have a feeling that a lot of you guys know each other for realsies which is why some of you seem quite close.

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,402 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,121 Posts

1,330 Threads

#5 1 year ago

FileTrekker, Sheepeep, Mikey and I think Darkclone as well all live pretty close together and routinely have gay orgies from what I hear.

I live pretty close to book but have never met him.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,302 XP

15th December 2002

85 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#6 1 year ago

^ This.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,302 XP

15th December 2002

85 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#7 1 year ago

Probably going to have a meetup in Derby on Sunday 5th of Feb if anyone wants to come btw.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,128 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#8 1 year ago

I don't know anyone here in real life.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#9 1 year ago

I have met FancyPants, LordWiener, as the live in NRW they could/can quickly blitz across the border into NL. I've also met a few Dutchies such as Lighning[nl] , the1choas and some who's username now escapes me. Those are mostly people from the Forgotten Hope community (Battlefield series mod). 

I met CrazyWolf while he was in NL and we went cycling around my village and to Amsterdam.  I also met some people in the UK, again some FH mod members (Mr Cheese? I know his real name as we are friends on FB but I'm not sure about his nickname). I also met Groddy while in London. 

Ronny lives in the next town over  (he lives in the city, I live in a neighbouring village) and apparantly he has sighted me in the city on my bicycle more than once but I never met him either. 

Edit: Oh and I met two people from the FH community (who also had accounts on these forums) while I was down under in Oz.  In 2014 I told my late wife that we'd go and visit both France and the UK  in the next few years, and I probably would have let people know that I'd be in London or elsewhere and perhaps could quickly meet up. Haven't visited the UK in years, it's not high on my priority list anymore. Not much point in traveling there without a loved one. Seen the Bovington tankmuseum and some other war related museums so there is nothing that I really desire to go and see. The weather in the UK is just as lovely with all the rain, cold and clouds so that certainly doesn't make it rise in the list of travel destinations.  

The US and/or Canada is wayyyyy down on the list, partially due to all the silly serveilance laws. Don't want them to find out about my many err... let's not speak of that. So, any members from north America won't need to count on me visiting in the next decade or so. But never say never, I might get bored with the rest of the world... 

random_soldier1337

I live on Gaming Forums

452 XP

17th June 2008

0 Uploads

2,039 Posts

5 Threads

#10 1 year ago

"Admiral Donutz"I have met FancyPants, LordWiener, as the live in NRW they could/can quickly blitz across the border into NL. I've also met a few Dutchies such as Lighning[nl] , the1choas and some who's username now escapes me. Those are mostly people from the Forgotten Hope community (Battlefield series mod). 

I met CrazyWolf while he was in NL and we went cycling around my village and to Amsterdam.  I also met some people in the UK, again some FH mod members (Mr Cheese? I know his real name as we are friends on FB but I'm not sure about his nickname). I also met Groddy while in London. 

Ronny lives in the next town over  (he lives in the city, I live in a neighbouring village) and apparantly he has sighted me in the city on my bicycle more than once but I never met him either. 

Edit: Oh and I met two people from the FH community (who also had accounts on these forums) while I was down under in Oz.  In 2014 I told my late wife that we'd go and visit both France and the UK  in the next few years, and I probably would have let people know that I'd be in London or elsewhere and perhaps could quickly meet up. Haven't visited the UK in years, it's not high on my priority list anymore. Not much point in traveling there without a loved one. Seen the Bovington tankmuseum and some other war related museums so there is nothing that I really desire to go and see. The weather in the UK is just as lovely with all the rain, cold and clouds so that certainly doesn't make it rise in the list of travel destinations.  

The US and/or Canada is wayyyyy down on the list, partially due to all the silly serveilance laws. Don't want them to find out about my many err... let's not speak of that. So, any members from north America won't need to count on me visiting in the next decade or so. But never say never, I might get bored with the rest of the world... 

Christ, are you popular with the forumites or what? Both on and off line at that.