Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,741 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#1 2 years ago

I've just realized I've been eating something  like 1500-1800 calories per day most of the semester. Does that seem a bit low for a grown male? My policy has been to eat when I get hungry, but most of the time I'm just not very hungry unless I skip a meal. How do I get myself to eat more? Exercise is one thing I need to get back into, and it helps a bit with appetite, but even with a sedentary lifestyle, don't most people have no problem eating more than that?

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,593 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#2 2 years ago

Only if I'm drunk.  Otherwise I tend to eat a high-calorie meal and not much else.

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#3 2 years ago

I don't keep track of how many calories I eat. I have a slice of bread in the morning, a few sandwhiches for lunch and dinner. I'm trying to cut back on meat though, but most of the meat sold in the supermarket comes in 2-4 pieces (300-500 gram). A daily consumption of 400 grams of meat for dinner seems a bit too much but it is a challenge to cook easy, cheap, fast but tasty meals for 1 person without having atleast some meat in it. 

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,741 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#4 2 years ago
"Admiral Donutz"I don't keep track of how many calories I eat. I have a slice of bread in the morning, a few sandwhiches for lunch and dinner. I'm trying to cut back on meat though, but most of the meat sold in the supermarket comes in 2-4 pieces (300-500 gram). A daily consumption of 400 grams of meat for dinner seems a bit too much but it is a challenge to cook easy, cheap, fast but tasty meals for 1 person without having atleast some meat in it. 

Me too, to some degree, though I've replaced most of those lost calories with eggs. If I don't eat meat during the day I can easily eat 4-7  eggs throughout  the day.

Mr. Matt VIP Member

#BanRadioActiveLobster

356,406 XP

17th June 2002

7 Uploads

33,654 Posts

779 Threads

#5 2 years ago

I no longer eat. I get a lot of my calories from alcohol now, and adding to that my lack of gym attendance, I've lost about two stone so far. It's a quick, if unhealthy, method to lose weight, and when you're muscular to begin with weight loss isn't desirable anyway, so I wouldn't recommend it.

In your situation I'd suggest smaller, but more frequent meals. And more exercise.