The Real Forums Old Skool
12th April 2002
How to write a paper in college/university: 1. Sit in a straight, comfortable chair in a well lit place in front of your computer.
2. Log onto MSN and ICQ (be sure to go on away!). Check your email.
3. Read over the assignment carefully, to make certain you understand it.
4. Walk down to the vending machines and buy some chocolate to help you concentrate.
5. Check your email.
6. Call up a friend and ask if he/she wants to go to grab a coffee. Just to get settled down and ready to work.
7. When you get back to your room, sit in a straight, comfortable chair in a clean, well lit place.
8. Read over the assignment again to make absolutely certain you understand it.
9. Check your email.
10. You know, you haven't written to that kid you met at camp since fourth grade. You'd better write that letter now and get it out of the way so you can concentrate.
11. Look at your teeth in the bathroom mirror.
12. Grab some mp3z off of *****.
13. Check your email. ANY OF THIS SOUND FAMILIAR YET?!
14. MSN chat with one of your friends about the future. (ie summer plans).
15. Check your email.
16. Listen to your new mp3z and download some more.
17. Phone your friend on the other floor and ask if she's started writing yet. Exchange derogatory emarks about your prof, the course, the college, the world at large.
18. Walk to the store and buy a pack of gum. You've probably run out.
19. While you've got the gum you may as well buy a magazine and read it.
20. Check your email.
21. Check the newspaper listings to make sure you aren't missing something truly worthwhile on TV.
22. Play some solitare (or age of legends!).
23. Check out bored.com.
24. Wash your hands.
25. Call up a friend to see how much they have done, probably haven't started either.
26. Look through your housemate's book of pictures from home. Ask who everyone is.
27. Sit down and do some serious thinking about your plans for the future.
28. Check to see if bored.com has been updated yet.
29. Check your email and listen to your new mp3z.
30. You should be rebooting by now, assuming that windows is crashing on schedule.
31. Read over the assignment one more time, just for heck of it.
32. Scoot your chair across the room to the window and watch the sunrise.
33. Lie face down on the floor and moan.
34. Punch the wall and break something.
35. Check your email.
36. Mumble obscenities.
37. 5am - start hacking on the paper without stopping. 6am -paper is finished.
38. Complain to everyone that you didn't get any sleep because you had to write that stupid paper.
39. Go to class, hand in paper, and leave right away so you can take a nap.
GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*
21st March 2004
LOL! :D Made me laugh!
Voice of joy and sunshine
26th May 2003
I'd never do something like that -- HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST SUCH A THING?!
/me checks his email and reads over the project assignment.
3rd May 2005
I really should get started on that paper. :(
4th October 2004
Elmo, quit checking GF and get started on your paper... LOL, but it *does sound like how I'd do it...
Wanna go Double Dutch?
9th December 2003
Hehe slightly exaggerated but sounds very familiar, in my case it would be:
check forums, checking mail, read assignment, check forums, model in 3ds max, check forums again, watch TV, chat on MSN, check forums again, read assignment again, check forums, chat on MSN, check the assignment for a final time, have a last check on the forums, write the paper around sunrise.
RogueDevil / Rogue Angel
29th May 2003
You have my entire timetable from last year down!!!
Fortunatly, its changed this year! I do the assignment when I get it and before I start fiddling with MSN.
46 and 2, are just ahead of me
23rd September 2004
Great timetable there, i can defintly seeing myself doing it in college.
Usually for me its: -Get home and go on computer -Check E-mails -Log into GF for any moderating or staff stuff -Stay on GF -Still on GF (trying to get off) -Get attacked by 5 people on MSN -Pull self away form computer -Go to bed/pass out
Lord of the Peach
19th April 2004
I can get a 5 page paper done is about 2 hours. I have a one page paper that takes about 35 minutes to do by hand. I should get it done in 20 minutes. Its due tommrow!
Nice find there elmo, and most/all of it is true:lol:
Chasing This Starlight.
25th October 2004
I can soo see myself doing that... Why? Because I do it now. ^_~