>Omen<

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#1 8 years ago

I didn't catch this on TV, but heard about it from a neighbor whom had just watched it. This video shows a few stunning replays of it, including an incredible onboard view of the car being crashed into while the other went airborne.

They were able to get the injured driver (Mike Conway) safely extracted and to the hospital. He suffered a leg injury but never lost consciousness and the damage is not life threatening from reports I've read. These guys have massive balls to be doing this.

YouTube - 2010 Indy 500 Mike Conway Huge Airborne Crash into the Catchfence

Dragonelf68

ಠ_ಠ

220,771 XP

24th September 2007

0 Uploads

19,359 Posts

0 Threads

#2 8 years ago

I was getting food when I saw it. Glad he's okay.

kYuedqC.png

.Shojo

Graphics Master

50 XP

30th May 2010

0 Uploads

45 Posts

0 Threads

#3 8 years ago

Was that Helio that swerved to miss the sliding cockpit? Whoever it was, good job! That might have been the last straw if he'd been hit while upside down on the track.

The_Geek_With_The_Gun

Keep whining Im reloading

50 XP

25th May 2007

0 Uploads

3,321 Posts

0 Threads

#4 8 years ago

It was definitely a highlight moment...

Ḷëģöläš-OLD

You'll never walk alone.

50 XP

18th June 2008

0 Uploads

9,518 Posts

0 Threads

#5 8 years ago

Just saw this on espn, Glad nobody was hurt... badly.

AlDaja

SFC III Troubleshooter.

50 XP

5th September 2006

0 Uploads

11,263 Posts

0 Threads

#6 8 years ago

See what happens when you try to make a right turn.

Red Menace

SCHOFIELD DID 4/30

415,410 XP

10th August 2004

0 Uploads

40,336 Posts

0 Threads

#7 8 years ago

It is amazing he wasn't killed let alone injured all that badly. Times like those are when you question the possibility of divine intervention.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Cooters on fire off the shoulder of General Discussion. I watched spittle-flecked posts glitter in the dark near the Pub. All those moments will

>Omen<

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#8 8 years ago

Well I just checked the updates and Brit driver Mike Conway had surgery Sun night for multiple fractures on his lower left leg and compression fractures on his vertebrae. Word is he'll miss at least 3 months of racing, but sounds like he'll def be back. His speed at time of impact with the other driver's car was 220 MPH btw, incredible.

The other driver he ran into (Ryan Hunter-Reay), had surgery on his left thumb and will be fitted with a carbon fiber splint. He is expected to race in the event at Texas Motor Speedway this weekend. So looks like Mike can still continue his career, and will now have a harrowing but not career ending story to tell his grandchildren.

086goinfast

NObama

50 XP

7th March 2006

0 Uploads

9,633 Posts

0 Threads

#9 8 years ago

Yeah, that was pretty intense. Glad that he will be back for next year he was really starting to improve too.