Ladies and Gentlemen: The Comedy Blackhole 10 replies

  • 1
  • 2

Please wait...

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,593 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#1 4 years ago

When a "comedian" is so talent-less, so needlessly offensive and cruel, and just plain unappealing that the weight of the sum of all their negative aspects is so heavy that nothing remotely funny can escape its grasp.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you:

SARAH SILVERMAN!

I mean just... :wtf:

People actually laugh at that?

And when I say needlessly cruel and offensive, I mean when you tell an obviously crude and/or insulting joke but there's no payoff. There's no ironic twist or funny part of it, it's just mean-spirited for the sake of getting a rise out of people.

But besides that, she just seems to ramble and occasionally remember that, "Oh, right, I have to say something funny. Run HackComedy.exe. U PAY ME NAO!"

:facepalm:

God almighty...


"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.



Red Menace

SCHOFIELD DID 4/30

415,758 XP

10th August 2004

0 Uploads

40,364 Posts

1 Threads

#2 4 years ago

As a rule of thumb, I don't find stand-up comedy funny.


sigpic82523_3.gif</div></body></html>



FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,369 XP

15th December 2002

87 Uploads

22,521 Posts

1,748 Threads

#3 4 years ago

Is she about as funny as she was in Star Trek: Voyager?


Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com



Primarch Vulkan VIP Member

For the Emperor! Knights of Caliban!

154,320 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

13,497 Posts

0 Threads

#4 4 years ago
FileTrekker;5740636Is she about as funny as she was in Star Trek: Voyager?

Sarah Silverman is horribly overrated. Poop jokes can only take you so far. She was even on SNL way back in the early 90s, and she was embarrassing to watch... Look her SNL work up on Youtube.. You may start to pity her.

http://www.thetoptens.com/most-overrated-comedians/sarah-silverman-31208.asp

funny thing is I did...yikes...it was beyond painful to watch...all she joked about was her sex, being jewish and oh yeah her vag..


[color=#000000][size=2][b][i]Heralds of the coming doom, Like the cry of the Raven, we are drawn, This oath of war and vengeance, On a blade of exalted iron sworn, With blood anointed swords



Schofield VIP Member

om :A

319,554 XP

24th October 2007

1 Uploads

30,539 Posts

0 Threads

#5 4 years ago

She doesn't seem too different than all the other modern stand-up comedians. Like 90% of them use crude humour to make people laugh, and the other 10% like to get all political and just spout off what everyone is already thinking. George Carlin is probably the biggest example of the latter, while Louis CK is just downright abusive when it comes to the former. But yeah, she's not funny.




Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,131 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#6 4 years ago

[COLOR=Blue]General rule of thumb. George Carlin is the only stand up that is worth watching. :rolleyes: [/COLOR]


filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png



Dewey

OMFGROTLFCOPTER

50 XP

12th March 2006

0 Uploads

2,405 Posts

0 Threads

#7 4 years ago
Lindale;5740979[COLOR=Blue]General rule of thumb. George Carlin is the only stand up that is worth watching. :rolleyes: [/COLOR]

Some of the old school stand ups were pretty good. Believe it or not Eddie Murphy was pretty damn funny before he made all of those terrible movies.




Red Menace

SCHOFIELD DID 4/30

415,758 XP

10th August 2004

0 Uploads

40,364 Posts

1 Threads

#8 4 years ago

Eddie Murphy is the greatest ever. He fell so far.


sigpic82523_3.gif</div></body></html>



D3matt

I take what n0e says way too seriously

100 XP

20th November 2007

0 Uploads

2,554 Posts

1 Threads

#9 4 years ago

So, I'm 7 minutes in... When does this get even remotely entertaining?

EDIT: Oh, nice. The first joke is about rape and jews. This going places...




Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,365 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,147 Posts

5 Threads

#10 4 years ago

Comedy is one of those areas where there's really not much accounting for taste. There are some things that some people find funny that I just find cringingly awful - case in point:

Some things I find... quite boring:

I mean it raised a slight grin in some parts but ^_^; yeah.

Some things I find reasonably funny:

And some things I find absolutely hilarious:

But the point is that it's pretty rare to find someone whose spectrum of meh to :rofl: matches perfectly with your own. Humour seems to be based off of multiple low level qualities.

Now I'm not saying there aren't commonalities... but there are some things; most things, I'd say; where the only way to get a significant commonality is to reduce everything to gruel. (This is of course the approach that customer service takes most of the time.)




  • 1
  • 2