Master Chief 14

Some Dude

50 XP

23rd October 2005

0 Uploads

2,487 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

Well a lot of things happened this year,new pope elected,hurricane katrina,earthquake in the middle east. What events do you remember in 2005?

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,915 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,000 Posts

6 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Don't forget about the Tsunami in south-east Asia. Some days ago I read that this year about 10000 people died in Iraq because of terrorist attacks. Let's hope the next year will see not as many catastrophes.

Force Recon

Semper fidelis

50 XP

10th July 2004

0 Uploads

2,637 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

the Pakistani Earthquake, me turrning 16.Withdrawal of Israeli forces from Gaza.

Barrett.50

GameLifer

50 XP

8th January 2005

0 Uploads

95 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

[COLOR=black]Well it has been an almighty slaughter this year but as long as the governments of this world don't unleash Nuclear or biological destruction [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]on us i'm happy,[/COLOR] [COLOR=black] [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]but personally this year is special for me because my dog died in October i think, he was a beautiful dog a really good friend and he died in a wonderful way [/COLOR]

-Heretic-

None.

50 XP

12th June 2005

0 Uploads

831 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago
MrFancypantsDon't forget about the Tsunami in south-east Asia. Some days ago I read that this year about 10000 people died in Iraq because of terrorist attacks. Let's hope the next year will see not as many catastrophes.

The Tsunami was in '04 26th December ;)

My most memorable time in '05 are the Earthquakes that killed thousands and the Racial Riots recently in Sydney.

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,915 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,000 Posts

6 Threads

#6 12 years ago

We Are HereticThe Tsunami was in '04 26th December ;)

My most memorable time in '05 are the Earthquakes that killed thousands and the Racial Riots recently in Sydney.

Well yes, but it was all over the news for the better part of January. I wonder how much they managed to rebuild until now.

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

Hmm I remember the earthquake in Pakistan, meetings about the financial aspects of the EU failing, Arafat dying, Sharon orderin the illegal settlements to be cleared, the hurrican in the USA hitting New Orleans so badly, the massive support for the Tsunami victems, the fire in the prison near Schiphol Airport killing over eleven people, the fire at the oil depot in the UK and the trials against the Hofstad groep and Samir A.

For me personally: My grandfather passing away due to cancer, my moving to my dad, failing college (too few points) and serving as a waiter on a small boattour through over the nearby lakes in the tours organized by Van Der Valk (the restaurant chain where I work) for eldery people. Oh and obtaining blueprints of Arnhem bridge dating back from the 30's. :naughty:

MrFancypantsWell yes, but it was all over the news for the better part of January. I wonder how much they managed to rebuild until now.

They have all those programs "one year later" on TV here plus a special memorial program on Nederland 1 (2?). Probably goes for other countries aswell.

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,915 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,000 Posts

6 Threads

#8 12 years ago
Großadmiral Dönitz They have all those programs "one year later" on TV here plus a special memorial program on Nederland 1 (2?). Probably goes for other countries aswell.

I guess we also have such programs here, but I don't have a TV :)

DnC

GF's Cognitive Psychologist

50 XP

14th April 2004

0 Uploads

2,668 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

London bombings..... and ofcourse London getting the 2012 Olympics! (one day before bombings)

ScOrPY VIP Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

15,582 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

Mostly the terrorism stuff, natural disasters, and recent riot events in aust.