MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,016 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#1 4 years ago

So you probably heard about the jet that has been missing for more than a week. Latest reports suggest that it flew towards the Indian ocean.

Anyway, there is a website that crowd-sources satellite footage analysis. I doubt that it will do much good because the potential search area is monstrously huge by now and the resolution of those pictures is rather low, but I like the idea of crowd sourcing problems.

Here is some interesting stuff I found (probably fishing boats or something similar, they do look different from other boats I have found so far though): picture.php?albumid=19&pictureid=10478

Red Menace

SCHOFIELD DID 4/30

415,758 XP

10th August 2004

0 Uploads

40,364 Posts

1 Threads

#2 4 years ago

Now they are suggesting it was "stolen." Still begs the question though, where is it and where are the passengers? Whole thing is crazy.

The communications systems of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 were deliberately disabled, Malaysia's Prime Minister Najib Razak has said.

According to satellite and radar evidence, he said, the plane then changed course and could have continued flying for a further seven hours.

He said the "movements are consistent with the deliberate action of someone on the plane".

BBC News - Missing Malaysia Airlines plane 'deliberately diverted'

sigpic82523_3.gif</div></body></html>

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,016 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#3 4 years ago

Red Menace;5731429Now they are suggesting it was "stolen." Still begs the question though, where is it and where are the passengers? Whole thing is crazy.

BBC News - Missing Malaysia Airlines plane 'deliberately diverted'

It is all very strange. Malaysian military radar supposedly tracked it heading to the north-west after crossing back over the Malaysian peninsula. Then some satellite pinged the plane 7 hours later and got a range estimate. By filtering out potential locations outside of the plane's range they got those corridors stretching into western China and into the southern Indian ocean.

Now the weird part is - if the plane took the north-western route China or India should have picked it up on their military radar. If it took the southern route then why did the Malaysian radar track it heading north-west?

What makes most sense to me at this point is a failed terror attack on either India or China. Maybe the passengers crashed the plane or maybe one of those countries shot it down.

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,365 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,147 Posts

5 Threads

#4 4 years ago

I wonder whether a country that wanted to know how it worked stole it, flew it to some out of the way airbase and executed everyone.

MoreGun89

55 XP

27th July 2004

0 Uploads

2,426 Posts

0 Threads

#5 4 years ago

Optimistic... Wondering mostly if this was a manmade phenomena or a Bermuda Triangle-esque experience. There's always aliens, too!

Mother Banhammer

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#6 4 years ago

I think that the most plausible explinations are: Somebody (possibly one of the pilots, but "evincence" such as one of them having a private flight sim says nothing, somebody else with pilot skills) hijacked or stole the plane and flew off to some destination. Perhaps they arrived there, landed the plane in one piece and either inprisoned or simply executed all passengers, perhaps it crashed into something as planned or they crashed or got shot down on route to whatever their destination was. For a simply "pilot suicide" it seems far too complex (assuming the pilot wouldn't want anyone to ever find out it was a suicide for reasons such as a life insurance)