Fortune

something to believe.

50 XP

19th February 2005

0 Uploads

7,750 Posts

0 Threads

#1 4 years ago

Anyone following these? I've started watching basketball (Which is a mistake when you're a Timberwolves fan. I drink away the pain.) I'm cheering for the Heat, for the simple and eloquent reason that I think the Spurs are stupid, lame, in Texas, have dogs*** colors and probably other valid sports-reasons for disliking a team.

It is pretty ironic that the Miami Heat lost because they couldn't take the Heat in a stadium, that's poetical deflation if I've ever seen it. Hope they can pull it back together and beat that stupid lame texas team. Not caring for Basketball is acceptable if you're foreign, America has to have one cool sport we always win in the Olympics.

Red Menace

SCHOFIELD DID 4/30

415,758 XP

10th August 2004

0 Uploads

40,364 Posts

1 Threads

#2 4 years ago

I'm watching the Stanley Cup instead. But I would prefer the Spurs, because the Heat are like the boy band of basketball teams.

sigpic82523_3.gif</div></body></html>

Fortune

something to believe.

50 XP

19th February 2005

0 Uploads

7,750 Posts

0 Threads

#3 4 years ago

I was just bitter the Blackhawks didn't make it. Hockey is a sport I've been following more of recently, though. It is a fantastic mixture of violence and finesse.

Dewey

OMFGROTLFCOPTER

50 XP

12th March 2006

0 Uploads

2,405 Posts

0 Threads

#4 4 years ago

Holy cow, minnesnowtan! Been a while dude. Anyways, I don't follow NBA hoops too much precisely because of teams like the heat. What is the fun in competing if you can buy an all star team? Also Dwayne wade flops like a fish out of water, and I just get tired of that shit. But maybe I'm bias because my childhood team got hijacked and moved to mofuckin Oklahoma City.

Red Menace

SCHOFIELD DID 4/30

415,758 XP

10th August 2004

0 Uploads

40,364 Posts

1 Threads

#5 4 years ago

It's fine, Ballmer bought the Clippers. Give them a few bad seasons and say hello to the new Seattle Supersonics.

sigpic82523_3.gif</div></body></html>

Dewey

OMFGROTLFCOPTER

50 XP

12th March 2006

0 Uploads

2,405 Posts

0 Threads

#6 4 years ago

Crossing my fingers, Blake griffin would look pretty badass in Green.

Rikupsoni

Victim of Forgotten HopeForum bystander

50 XP

26th April 2004

0 Uploads

3,047 Posts

0 Threads

#7 4 years ago

Never watched a single NBA match, but I used to play a lot of NBA 99 on PS1. Always played with San Antonio Spurs because the commentator in that game had epic calls for David Robertson, Tim Duncan and Avery Johson when they scored (still remembered those names from fresh memory). So I'll go with them.

Fortune

something to believe.

50 XP

19th February 2005

0 Uploads

7,750 Posts

0 Threads

#8 4 years ago
Dewey;5739625 But maybe I'm bias because my childhood team got hijacked and moved to mofuckin Oklahoma City.

What's even rawer is that it happened right after they picked up a certain youngster named Kevin Durant; he might just be pretty good one of these days.

I'm a Minnesotan, but nobody is actually allowed to be unhappy that the Lakers left Minneapolis; well, nobody but the 9 Minnesotans who knew about basketball in the 1960's. Nevertheless, that doesn't keep me from wanting the Celtics to destroy them every time they meet.

Also a random tidbit from memory. When I was in middle school I pretty much just sat around and read about history all the time, and once I had an argument for roughly 20 minutes with some other kid about the pronunciation of "Celtic" because of the Boston Celtics.

I was convinced that both were pronounced like "Kel-tik", whereas the other lad wasn't having it, and insisted that both were pronounced like the Basketball team. We were enemies from that point on because of then conflicting interests in Age of Empires and the National Basketball League.

Worth noting however, the Boston Celtics have won way more championships than the actual Celts, whose basketball fundamentals probably were a bit lacking.