Silberio VIP Member

Bourée

392,819 XP

9th October 2007

0 Uploads

37,218 Posts

4 Threads

#1 2 years ago

Just wanted to share this with ya'll. I wanted to wait 'till I had gotten it on FB, seeing as I got many of you there, but my partner and I decided to wait with officializing it on the book because of their family.

Anyhow, the night of the 23rd July, we spent a shitload of that night trying to get in touch with this one guy that was gonna sell us acid, and after about an hour and a half, we managed to met up and got that. We cleaned around my mother-in-law's house where I was staying at the moment (she was on a trip in Northern Europe so we had the huge house with pool for ourselves) while waiting for the thing to kick in.

We spent the majority of the trip going outside smoking to the soundtrack of a drunk karaoke night one or two houses away. At some point after the first cigarette which seemed to have lasted about an hour, we went to get a snack and went back outside. We spent that time just conversing and having deep ass universe-level conversations, and about psychology, our lives, the amount of emotional feelings we have for each other; you know, typical stuff you'd talk during an intense acid trip :p

At some point at about 2 AM or so, we ended up antagonizing each other (in a cute way) by the side of the pool and I ended up thrown in it. After a while of just messing around in the pool together, we ended up by the steps of it and i was proposed to.

Anyway, here's a picture of our half-assed snack (There used to be a "sandwich" composed of mustard and cheap cheddar, which was the only thing that got eat) by the end of the night, which my fiancee thought looked like a very artistic frame. It's A E S T H E T I C ya'll.

Spoiler: Show

tumblr_oat8nrUIU01sv7cb4o1_1280.jpg

The sausages were raw so we didn't even touch them and those nutella packs had been in a shelf since god knows when (we found some unopened Lays dip from 2012 also).

qjyUJrq.png

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,130 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#2 2 years ago

To be honest, engagements while stoned is the road to trouble.

As with all important choices in life, all engagements should be made while sober. If you ask the same person while sober, and still stand to accept, then go for it.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Silberio VIP Member

Bourée

392,819 XP

9th October 2007

0 Uploads

37,218 Posts

4 Threads

#3 2 years ago

We weren't stoned tho, we were trippin.

Slight difference :cool:

qjyUJrq.png

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,741 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#4 2 years ago

You know most hardware stores sell a variety of acids, right? And most grocery stores sell edible acids? And chemical suppliers also sell more hardcore acids (see Sigma-Aldrich)? No need to wait/look for some shady man who probably wants to rip you off. Oh, and congratulations! P.S: The fact that the link I shared made it all the way to this line tells me something is broken with this system.

Silberio VIP Member

Bourée

392,819 XP

9th October 2007

0 Uploads

37,218 Posts

4 Threads

#5 2 years ago

"Superfluous Curmudgeon "You know most hardware stores sell a variety of acids, right? And most grocery stores sell edible acids? And chemical suppliers also sell more hardcore acids (see Sigma-Aldrich)? No need to wait/look for some shady man who probably wants to rip you off. Oh, and congratulations! P.S: The fact that the link I shared made it all the way to this line tells me something is broken with this system.

Yes, but part of the experience is being shady! It's all in the shadiness! Although I think we might've been ripped off since we got pieces of paper instead of, you know, an actual liquid.

Anyhow, thank you!

qjyUJrq.png

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#6 2 years ago

That story was a trip in and of itself. Congratulations, though!

Silberio VIP Member

Bourée

392,819 XP

9th October 2007

0 Uploads

37,218 Posts

4 Threads

#7 2 years ago
"Serio"That story was a trip in and of itself. Congratulations, though!

Thank you! It really was, and this was only half of if, there's more detail I'm still putting on paper xP We had been talking about having the experience since a long while an having it just confirmed the strength and commitment we have to our relationship, which is pretty cool. Never saw myself getting engaged and I', incredibly happy.

Also, I forgot to mention: the moment my fiancee proposed, the neighbors had just started defiling I Don't Wanna Miss One Thing by Aerosmith in their karaokeing. Cliché as hell, yet so emotional *heart eyes*

qjyUJrq.png

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,741 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#8 2 years ago
"Silberio" Also, I forgot to mention: the moment my fiancee proposed, the neighbors had just started defiling I Don't Wanna Miss One Thing by Aerosmith in their karaokeing. Cliché as hell, yet so emotional *heart eyes*

Sounds like an... interesting neighborhood. I suppose I should consider myself lucky that all I go to bed to is the "whoo-whoo" of an AC pump in the building and the occasional banging of the complex gate against the gate stop as people drive in and out. 

Barbas

Hound dog

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

440 Posts

0 Threads

#9 2 years ago

Congrats! Do they...remember that they proposed?

Calvin%2B%2526%2BHobbes%2Bsnow%2Bforts.jpg

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#10 2 years ago

I remember proposing to my beloved sweatheart when I was with her in Thailand. She'd still go off to work (much less free days in those countries, and quiting your job ain't exactly smart) and I'd would often come over at the end of her shift. One of those days I asked the receptionist of the appartment we were in how to ask in Thai "Will you marry me?".  Wrote this on a piece of paper and practised it a few times. Went with the skytrain to her office, bought a nice red rose along the way and waited for her to finish work. I had ofcourse hidden the rose behind my back and when she walked out with her colleagues I asked her to close her eyes for a bit... I presented her the rose and asked in my best severly butchered Thai "khun cha taeng-naan kap phom mai khap". I will never forgot those cheerful eyes and her coworkers cheering. It still brings tears to my eyes as I write this. 

Took us an other 3 years to actually get married. And will forever be one of my best days. Not because a contract changes legal aspects, and the day after felt very much the same as the day before, I'd often refer to her as my girlfriend rather than my wife, but because seeing my wife trilled with joy, delight, tears and experiencing the best day of her life, made me fill with very much the same emotions. I would have, and unfortunate have, stood by her for the rest of our time together untill the very end. 

But now I'm just being a-social and making this about me rather then you. Call me a bastard. :p  So let me just congratulate you while I try to find an exit of the stage. *makes a run for it*