Jeff is a missing boss
28th July 2002
got this in an email....
This is very interesting
IRAQ - VERY INTERESTING - DID YOU KNOW?
1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq.
2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!
3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.
4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.
5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!
6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq.
7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.
8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.
9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.
10. Amos cried out in Iraq!
11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.
12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq!
13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the fiery furnace!)
14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.
15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.
16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.
17. The wise men were from Iraq.
18. Peter preached in Iraq
19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon,which was a city in Iraq!
And you have probably seen this one. Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq! However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible. The names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq, means country with deep roots.
Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.
No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated it than Iraq.
And also... This is something to think about! Since America is typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages...
The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)
Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.
(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?! God Bless you all Amen !
dont make this into a discussion on religion.....i just find it interesting...
46 and 2, are just ahead of me
23rd September 2004
hmm... interesting, however Americans don't care about what relics we destroy so, hey! who cares.
Nice find though.
That one quote about the passage from the Quar'an (sp?) is fake.
And can someone explain the "writing on the wall" allusion? I've alwas wondered about that. (Yes, I could Google it, but I don't really like those religious sites. They're freaky. :uhoh: )
President of Novistrana
19th January 2003
yeah, who cares that the museumes were looted during the war, as long as that oil is guarded!
interesting...just learned that crap in school
yeh, I have heard that the garden of Eden was between the Tigris and the Euphrates and all that, sad that it is what it has become today.
We just learned about that stuff in our History class. We had to know where certain geographical places were. (i.e. Mesopotamia, Babylon, Assyria, Israel, etc...) Finding them was pretty easy after you had memorized them though. Before that, I didn't even know those places were in Iraq. Wow, school is actually doing something useful for me :p
Jeff is a missing boss
28th July 2002
BK898 Wow, school is actually doing something useful for me :p
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....another one has fallen prey to "school"
Mihailyeah, who cares that the museumes were looted during the war, as long as that oil is guarded!
damn straight! :uhoh:
colonel_bobThat one quote about the passage from the Quar'an (sp?) is fake.