Quatro

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

16th March 2003

0 Uploads

42 Posts

0 Threads

#61 18 years ago
Originally posted by mldaalder All I need to know are the names of the ships, if you supply them to me then I can get this going. You may call me lazy, but I have no intention (or free space on my harddrive) to download all those Borg Mods. All I need are their names as they show up in game and also of the species 8472 ships. Then when a species 8472 ship fires at a Borg Cube then the damage of the weapons fire will be multiplied by 100. So the Borg ship is destroyed almost directly. But the same blast will do only a little damage to an other ship. If you want I can change that number to any other number you want. I can even make it so that the Borg ship is destroyed instantly. No matter what the ship stats are! I can even make it so that the Borg weapons fire is smaller when it hits a Species 8472 ship, that was what I meant in 3 of my posts back.

Ok here's what keeps happening. Every time I attack the 8472 Frigate (with any ship) the shields don't even go down one little bit. Then when I try to destroy it by ramming it, the Frigate gets damaged but heals back to full health instantly. I also went into the BCMP file checker to see if there was any problems. It says an .nif file is missing.

USSCarter

50 XP

23rd September 2002

0 Uploads

231 Posts

0 Threads

#62 18 years ago

The Nif file isn't missing. The Same Nif file is used for High / Medium / Low in game. For Some reason BC doesn't want to find the Medium Res file even though its the same as the High and low res one.

mldaalder

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

22nd October 2002

0 Uploads

917 Posts

0 Threads

#63 18 years ago
Originally posted by Quatro Ok here's what keeps happening. Every time I attack the 8472 Frigate (with any ship) the shields don't even go down one little bit. Then when I try to destroy it by ramming it, the Frigate gets damaged but heals back to full health instantly. I also went into the BCMP file checker to see if there was any problems. It says an .nif file is missing.

That is the repair subsytem. What I have been making is not even out. When my mod get's finnished, then you would be able to destroy a frigate with a shuttle (for instance), but you can destroy with the same frigate 3 Borg Cubes without any damage. (This is after some HPing) What my mod does (at least a part of it) it looks to the name of the attacking ship and the name of the defending ship. if the attacking ship is a 8472 ship and the defending ships is a Borg ship then the attack is multiplied with 100. If it is the otherway around then the attack is devided by 100. (These numbers can change).

Quatro

50 XP

16th March 2003

0 Uploads

42 Posts

0 Threads

#64 18 years ago

Oh. I didn't realize the Frigate wasn't finished. You shoud've said that before.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#65 18 years ago

i feel so embarassed-i can barely mod a shuttle, much less make a ship. good idea though (different damage depending on ship) (btw is my sig to big?)

Vengeance_of_Borg

The Insane One

50 XP

22nd March 2003

0 Uploads

26 Posts

0 Threads

#66 18 years ago
Originally posted by Quatro Alswo try to make the ship as strong as say.......A soverign class maybe. Because the 8472 ships where pretty strong!:deal:

an 8472 battleship is the strongest in the fleet. Ive seen some weaker ships take out a sovereign or dam well near it in A2. Id say make it stronger than a realistic borg cube but weaker than the mothership that is already out.

Oh and btw the mothership shouldnt be as strong as it is. Sure the 8472 race has above average regenerative abilities, however i feel that the shielding and the regen ability are way too exaggerated. Also more Biomatter torpedoes would be nice :D

Assimilated

Fleet Admiral

50 XP

4th January 2003

0 Uploads

111 Posts

0 Threads

#67 18 years ago

If possible dont make it just like a straight line, phaser-like. If possible make it irradic like in the voy series. Dunno if its possible but it would be so great. You can see it here>> http://www.startrek.com/library/media_VOY.asp?id=112573

Quatro

50 XP

16th March 2003

0 Uploads

42 Posts

0 Threads

#68 18 years ago

ok