Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#1 2 years ago

IRC peeps will know this, but yeah. Nyborg hit the front page of national news today because of a massive police action.

Sort of. Around noon, I heard several police vehicles, firetrucks and ambulances rush past quickly. We're not talking leisurely pace. We're talking as fast as the car can go, probably faster than the procedures allow.

Thought it was weird. They were followed by firetrucks and ambulances. I figured something was up with the asylum centre about 2km away. There have been issues with it before, due to false alarms and such, but things calmed down.

Well. A few minutes later, I got a news alert on my phone that a man was on the roof of a building at the centre, threatening to blow him up. 

The police shut down the entire facility and evacuated everyone whilst they talked to the guy. I got another news update an hour or so later. Turns out it was a 22 year old Iranian man who was distraught because he couldn't get to see his ex girlfriend. He didn't have any explosives, or bombs. Police managed to talk him down and arrested him.

... So. That was interesting.

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,725 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

793 Posts

9 Threads

#2 2 years ago

Worst breakup ever. Now he gets to have a significant police record all his life, and maybe even some jail time.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#3 2 years ago

I imagine he'll undergo a psych eval. They might go easy on him. I suspect that given the media attention, they'll follow the story for a while.

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#4 2 years ago

They should tar and feather him and run him out of town.

I guess Nyborg should expect a boost in tourism soon.  / sarc.

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#5 2 years ago

"Lord Rumpuss V"They should tar and feather him and run him out of town.

I guess Nyborg should expect a boost in tourism soon.  / sarc.

We're one of the cultural capitals of the country, and the museum is working on getting the castle downtown on UNESCO's world heritage list. We've got plenty of tourism.

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#6 2 years ago

Denmark has more to offer then lego?  I thought they told all asylumseekers to bugger off and either stay in Deutschland or head onward to Sweden. With the numbers and conditions(and possible trauma's some people may have)  the number of incidents isn't bad at all. This sort of thing might be used by anyi-refugee groups but those nutters find anything over zero too much. 

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#7 2 years ago
"Admiral Donutz"Denmark has more to offer then lego?  I thought they told all asylumseekers to bugger off and either stay in Deutschland or head onward to Sweden. With the numbers and conditions(and possible trauma's some people may have)  the number of incidents isn't bad at all. This sort of thing might be used by anyi-refugee groups but those nutters find anything over zero too much. 

We take in as many asylum seekers as we can, without risking the existing system crumbling. There was some trouble earlier this year because we detained seekers moving towards Sweden illegally, rather than staying. The ones that are at Center Nyborg are ones that actually want to stay in Denmark, though.

I doubt it's something that'll really be negative. So far, the media has been pretty standard about it, and the guy has already been released from custody.

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#8 2 years ago

So..He's he's back in the streets? no evaluation on his current mental state  or anything?

HAHAHAHA...This should be interesting.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#9 2 years ago

"Lord Rumpuss V"So..He's he's back in the streets? no evaluation on his current mental state  or anything?

HAHAHAHA...This should be interesting.

I don't know how they do it over there, but you don't generally lock people up for being upset here. They examined him, interrogated him and clearly reached the conclusion that he wasn't a threat.

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#10 2 years ago

Oh we interrogate alright. Minus all the P.C  Bullcrap.

Sometimes the interrogators are so overzealous that the human rights people cryl alot.