Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,592 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#1 2 years ago

To take more of a positive note on my threads about relationships, I'm just curious what qualities/characteristics you tend to look for as the basis for compatibility.

I know for me I like women who are intelligent, witty, good sense of humor (even raunchy sense of humor), understands my craziness (maybe a bit crazy herself) , and she should probably have red hair and glasses ;)

So what about you?

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,124 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#2 2 years ago

No. She needs to be blonde, and preferably have blue eyes.

But in all honesty, if (IF) I ever started wanting a relationship, she would need to have the same interests. In other words, she would need to be as much the guitar nerd I am. Preferably, she would also know how to build guitars. I would very much be interested in seeing the differences, or similarities, between what she does to a guitar, and what I do.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,592 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#3 2 years ago

Honestly I think the best combo is black hair with blue eyes but red with blue is a close second.

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

Schofield VIP Member

om :A

319,554 XP

24th October 2007

1 Uploads

30,539 Posts

0 Threads

#4 2 years ago

Well, I was just in a relationship for two weeks.  It ended because my partner couldn't keep up with my sex drive.  So as cliché as it is, I would like a partner who likes sex.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,124 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#5 2 years ago

You broke up with Silberio already?

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,741 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#6 2 years ago
"Lindale"You broke up with Silberio already?

Pretty sure all of us combined couldn't keep up with her.

I've heard it said that opposites attract. I think this is true, but only to a degree. Opposite personalities but similar interests is a good thing, but the personalities can't be on the extreme opposite sides of the spectrum or things will get pretty aggravating pretty quickly.

Personally, I'd like to see ambition/someone who has a passion for something other than just being a housewife or having the latest clothes, a fair amount of intelligence, and a drive to get out and do new things. Look-wise, what I find attractive is all across the board. Someone who looks healthy (because she is healthy) is my ideal - someone who eats well and works out moderately generally will be better looking, but improved happiness, energy, and intelligence come with the package as well, and those are all traits that can make a person pretty attractive in themselves. Also, I have a pretty dry, sarcastic, and often corny sense of humor. That person has got to be compatible with that sense of humor.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,124 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#7 2 years ago

Stay away from anyone who has colored hair, or wears designer things. That is a major red flag that she is high-maintenance. This is the type who will try to steal your paycheck, and blow it all on boots.

As for being a housewife, that is a very respectable thing. At least the house is clean, the kitchen is full, and the children are taken care of.

c0mpliant VIP Member

50 XP

9th March 2003

0 Uploads

1,947 Posts

0 Threads

#8 2 years ago

Well for me, I'm just going to be describing my relationship with my current girlfriend which we mark 5 years together... today actually, 4 of those years living together.

The first thing I need is to be able to tell them everything and them to be able tell me everything. That doesn't mean that we HAVE to tell each other everything but there can't be anything we're afraid to tell each other. If my girlfriend drunkenly kisses someone or even sleeps with someone, its not a guarantee to end the relationship, but I want her to be open with me and discuss it with me.

The next thing is about interests, we don't have to have the same interests, but we need to be able to respect each others interests or past-times and not judge each other on it. Seems obvious but in my case, I'm a huge gamer. Always have been and presumably always will be. My girlfriend understands this, so I might spend a few hours a day playing games. I also end up sinking quite a large amount of money into my PC or games. She understands this and actively helps me with it, for example, I had a voucher for €350 recently that could be used in a load of different places, but not where I wanted to spend it online on a new Thrustmaster T300, she bought the voucher from me even though she had nothing she actively wanted from any of the places that the voucher could be used in but had a few ideas for things later down the line. She occasionally tries to take an interest in my things as well. She cheers when I do well in my online F1 league and tries to play games occasionally. I try to do all the same things for her and her interests. I also know that sometimes her interests might clash with mine so we talk about it and try to work out an arrangement between both of us. Just to add that having some different hobbies is probably as important as sharing hobbies, you need to be able to give each other space from each other. You are both still individuals at heart and you need to be able to express yourself as an individual sometimes.

Sex is important and there is no point in denying it. You need to be on the same level as your partner and you need to be willing to help them with their fantasies. If you don't you'll only create a resentment which will be extremely unhealthy for the relationship long term. Having said that, you also need to understand the boundaries of the other person and what they uncomfortable with. This may seem contradictory but its more so that you can recognise if someone is genuinely trying to meet you half way. Open communication in the bedroom is just as important as outside the bedroom.

I really feel a similar sense of humour is also extremely important, doesn't have to be perfect but they can't be offended by things that you find to be a core part of your sense of humour. That is only going to lead to conflict.

On the subject of conflict, conflict is bound to happen at times and how you both react to that is extremely important. My approach is to talk it out, we have a difference of opinions on something we should discuss it now and attempt to resolve it. Being able to compromise is probably the most important skill in a relationship.

There are probably more things but they're just off the top of my head.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,124 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#9 2 years ago

You cannot be afraid of conflict, because it WILL happen. The best thing you can do is to go ahead, and have that first fight. That way, it is over with, and you can move on.

Aeia

Live with honor, die for justice!

90 XP

3rd May 2016

0 Uploads

181 Posts

1 Threads

#10 2 years ago

Honest, strong of character (when she decides something, only persuasion can change her, no amount of force -emotional/social- will flinch her). It would come as a bonus if she is of the saving type, because I am way too careless with money. If she likes guns, and outdoor activities, that would be a blast!