What do you normally wear? 30 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,273 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,456 Posts

1,700 Threads

#1 1 year ago

As in like casual clothes

T-shirt and jeans? Shirt and pants? Tracksuit, khakis, polo shirt....

Personally I always wear a T-Shirt, Jeans and Trainers but will wear a shirt and trousers for work.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,791 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,401 Posts

2 Threads

#2 1 year ago

Cargo trousers, and a black T-shirt.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,726 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

793 Posts

9 Threads

#3 1 year ago

We gotta pump some life into these forums if this is the sort of topic we're turning to.

T-shirt and cargo pants/jeans almost exclusively. I have so many T-shirts I've gotten for free that I don't think this trend will change any time soon unless I get a job that requires business casual.

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,314 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,143 Posts

5 Threads

#4 1 year ago

I pretty much wear work clothes all the time. Trousers, shirt, sometimes a jumper (sweater for our US friends,) sometimes a suit if I've got to dress up a bit. I operate on the principle that men's fashion, so to speak, is all boring anyway. So, you may as well buy one set of boring that no-one's going to complain too much about and thereafter forget the issue.

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,480 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,739 Posts

1,754 Threads

#5 1 year ago

Whatever's within 10cm and usually on the floor.  I'm not trying to impress anybody :p

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,815 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

19,996 Posts

6 Threads

#6 1 year ago

Jeans and sweaters for the weekend, trousers and business shirt during the week. Buying clothes is perhaps my least favorite activity, so almost all of my clothes are worn out.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,791 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,401 Posts

2 Threads

#7 1 year ago

In my case, I am the world's most boring person, so I dress in monochrome black, grey, and white, just like the classic black and white television.

Lysdestic VIP Member

Dr. Professor Logic, PhD.

44,933 XP

11th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,256 Posts

93 Threads

#8 1 year ago

Band shirts, jeans, docs or chucks, depending on mood.

I still dress the same as I did in high school, basically. My partner is on my case all the time about how my closet is way too full of band shirts. The bar holding them fell off and scared the shit out of us one night. :lulz:

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,791 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,401 Posts

2 Threads

#9 1 year ago

I do have guitar gear shirts, but I really only wear them during live shows. Apart from that, they serve no purpose, and have no use.

Doing my general day-to-day business about the town, no one cares what brand of guitar strings I use. Being a walking billboard really is a detriment more than it is a benefit. All it does is mark you as unprofessional, and even a bit childish. So yes. Save that sort of stuff for live shows.

But when I play live, absolutely, I will give my favourite brands some free advertisement. I will wear a shirt for what plectrums I use, and I will orient the guitar strap so the brand logo is facing the audience. If I use a particular brand, and genuinely love them, I will at least put their name out there to get them some attention. At the very least, someone in the audience will Google that brand, and become interested in whatever it is. If so, then I have done my part.

Lysdestic VIP Member

Dr. Professor Logic, PhD.

44,933 XP

11th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,256 Posts

93 Threads

#10 1 year ago

Well, as much as I see the point of not being a walking billboard -- and I don't consider myself to be one -- band shirts aren't really something that I give a rats ass if I'm judged for. Band shirts =/= Ernie Ball gear repping or whatever.

Music is my passion, and I'm gonna sport that shit. In this shitty world, it's the only thing I've got going, and I'm gonna show the world that I saw this band this year, and maybe strike up a good conversation as a result. If some dude with a stick up his ass in his suit judges me on the street or thinks I look "childish"...meh. 

I'll button up a shirt and throw on some slacks for work, but out-and-about, whether I'm dining at a restaurant or getting sloshed in some bar, I'll be sporting that obscure band t-shirt that I picked up when they were passing through town, and I'm chill with that.

You mention wearing the band shirts on stage, it's funny, where I am, I don't do that. Bands are just as much visual entertainment as they are aural. Too many bands show up in just casual gear, your appearance should suit your sound. Don't just sound like a band, *look* like one too. This depends on the genre, of course, but I actually dress more professionally on stage (suit, tie, button up, whatever) than I do going to shows. As part of the entertainment, I embrace that shit, and do my best to not look like slob.

Outside of that thing I love though? Fuck societal bullshit ideas on how to appear, basically.