ಠ_ಠ

220,771 XP

24th September 2007

0 Uploads

19,359 Posts

0 Threads

#1 8 years ago

I know what college I'm going to.

It is a class to die for - Zombie studies is now on the curriculum at Baltimore University. The new course, which promises to "get you ready for a zombie apocalypse", invites students to devour classic zombie films and comics. Instead of essays, they write horror scripts or draw storyboards for their ideal monster movie. The minor class, titled English 333, has already been dubbed "Zombie 101" by the Baltimore Sun newspaper. It was introduced to meet a demand for "interesting, off-the-wall" courses for a new minor in pop culture, according to Jonathan Shorr, chairman of the university's school of communications design. 'Truly disgusting' "It's a back door into a lot of subjects," he told the Baltimore Sun. "They think they're taking this wacko zombie course, and they are. But on the way, they learn how literature and mass media work, and how they come to reflect our times." However, horror fans will be pleased to find that the class also explores two less academic themes: "blood and guts". "We're going to be dealing with some of the truly disgusting stuff that's been done in horror over the years," said Arnold Blumberg, author of Zombiemania, who teaches the course. "I want to reinforce the degree to which this material can be found offensive by a lot of people. "This is not fluffy bunny cartoon stuff. Bunnies might show up, but they'd probably be torn to pieces."

kYuedqC.png

Mr. Pedantic

I would die without GF

234,620 XP

8th October 2006

0 Uploads

23,127 Posts

0 Threads

#2 8 years ago

Do they do one on vampires? Or werewolves?

Pethegreat VIP Member

Lord of the Peach

70 XP

19th April 2004

0 Uploads

20,892 Posts

0 Threads

#3 8 years ago
Mr. Pedantic;5391487Do they do one on vampires? Or werewolves?

My school offers a vampire class. A friend is in it. It is %90 chicks and the instructor(who is also a girl) hates twilight.

SeinfeldisKindaOk

5.56 smoke Haji every day

55 XP

18th July 2008

0 Uploads

8,397 Posts

0 Threads

#4 8 years ago

How does she feel about Bunnicula?

Mr. Pedantic

I would die without GF

234,620 XP

8th October 2006

0 Uploads

23,127 Posts

0 Threads

#5 8 years ago
My school offers a vampire class. A friend is in it. It is %90 chicks and the instructor(who is also a girl) hates twilight.

lol, I bet not all her students feel the same way...

Captain Fist

DEUS LO VULT

113,265 XP

17th December 2005

0 Uploads

10,629 Posts

0 Threads

#6 8 years ago
Pethegreat;5391490My school offers a vampire class. A friend is in it. It is %90 chicks and the instructor(who is also a girl) hates twilight.

I would take that class so hard. For illegitimate reasons.

Inyri Forge VIP Member

[Insert User Title Here]

55 XP

15th March 2005

0 Uploads

25,940 Posts

0 Threads

#7 8 years ago

Field and Interdisciplinary Studies courses

Fifth down from the top under Arts and Culture. My sister is planning on taking that class if they offer it next semester.

SeinfeldisKindaOk

5.56 smoke Haji every day

55 XP

18th July 2008

0 Uploads

8,397 Posts

0 Threads

#8 8 years ago

That's not so bad. I heard the HP books drew a lot on classics. It's really just a clever way to get people excited about subjects they normally would be uninterested in.

Also, huge mistake mentioning you have a sister. Now you're going to have to ignore repeated requests not only for your own picture, but for hers as well.

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,515 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#9 8 years ago

If the classes aren't completely made of fluff, it sounds like a good idea. I have no problems with making a class as interesting as possible if people learn in it.

Bubbleteatroopa

I got them crazies.

50 XP

31st December 2008

0 Uploads

821 Posts

0 Threads

#10 8 years ago
Mr. Pedantic;5391487Do they do one on vampires? Or werewolves?

Nope, cause those is LAME! :p