hello everyone, I am having a problem with my GTAIV. In gameplay, my screen is a fuzzy blue. I am using Windows Vista 64 bit. and the following link contains a screen shot of my problem.:
Post your system specs please, makes it easier to help.
You might also try this page also, especially the Understanding Grand Theft Auto IV Graphic Settings section which has your problem listed and a possible fix:
well that is kind of the problem. I dont have ATI nor Nivida, I have a Intel 382 MB Video RAM, and 4 GB RAM, and a Intel duo processor 1.83 GHZ (the minimum is 1.8 i belive) . I updated the graphics drivers (because the game would crash with a fatal error) and it gave me this problem.
Would there be any way that other graphics cards/accelerators will be able to run with GTA 4 besides Nivida and ATI?
The Intel Integrated graphic chip is not even close to the minimum required performance that is needed for GTA IV. So i think it is just not supported by the game (engine). A future driver might fix the missing texture error but even than i doubt that the game will run at a speed that is playable/enjoyable at all. The Intel chip (onboard i guess) is more meant for office tasks than gaming, just like the Nvidia/ATI onboard counterpart or the low end stand alone models. Also the CPU is the most important one when it comes to the GTA IV performance, a test at pc games hardware said a decent quadcore is almost a must have. (Link: PCGH - Review/Benchmark: GTA 4 (PC): CPU benchmark review with 13 processors)
System Requirements by Rockstar:
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista (plus Service Pack 1)
- Windows XP (plus Service Pack 3) plus DirectX 9 plus Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
- Memory: 1.5GB
- Free Hard Drive Space: 16GB
- Video Card: 256MB NVidia 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900
- DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz
- Memory: 2GB (Windows XP) 2.5GB (Windows Vista)
- Free Hard Drive Space: 18GB
- Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870
- DirectX 9 compatible Surround Sound Card
The more likely required system specs for a decent game experience, taken from yougamers.com:
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ / Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 512MB / ATI Radeon HD 3870 512MB RAM: 2048MB Free Disk Space: 16GB Operating System: Windows Vista SP1 / Windows XP SP3
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9950 / Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4870 1GB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 1GB RAM: 3072MB Free Disk Space: 16GB Operating System: Windows Vista SP1 / Windows XP SP3