Matheis

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

16th July 2004

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

you are right it does have a "orwelling" style to the game. Unfortunitly this same theme of half life 2 will happen to the United States. Except Doctor Breen is george Bush and the real Gman is not yet known.

The patriot act is only the begginning of this orwelling police state in the US We are tradeing in our freedom for security based on a false concept of terrorism all this is a big no no orwell is probebly rolling in his grave now.

randomomnibus

Shazam.

50 XP

17th November 2005

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

i definetly agree with you. Maybe valve took orwellian ideas and what will happen towards the end of the bush regime.

HostageOw

Bites if provoked

50 XP

6th September 2002

0 Uploads

446 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Careful, political discussions always get messy, especially stuff about an impending "police state".

Heh, I was born in 1984, so at least for my parents an Orwellian prison type scenario was made manifest for a decade or two.

The general plot for Half-Life2 seems to be your run-of-the-mill sci-fi storyline, so spotting similarities is bound to happen. The idea itself, alien enslavement, has been visited countless times before HL2. That doesn't mean I don't think the game and story aren't nifty though, because I enjoy them. I just say this because we're bound to see stuff from other stories. For instance, watch one of the War of the Worlds flicks (classic one, preferably), and see if you notice anything similar :)

randomomnibus

Shazam.

50 XP

17th November 2005

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

haha well yea that was one of my first thoughts when i played point insertion. the striders are the same as the tripods! i don't think the tripods are as scary though.

Hypnotoad13

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

6th January 2006

0 Uploads

918 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Its Totalitarianism. Nobody likes them, thats why they make the perfect enemies. You just LOVE to kill them. Which, incidentaly is why there are so many stupid WW2 games

randomomnibus

Shazam.

50 XP

17th November 2005

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Aha! i like that. ITS TRUE there are too many WW2 games. call of duty was fun the first 100.000 times then you got battlefield and wolfenstein and MOH and a whole bunch of games created by like a one man team in a far away country.

xilex

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

19th December 2005

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

yes it's a lot like the story (read it with animal farm long time ago don't ask) except for the part about the rat torture where the rats are about to eat his head if he didn't say he wanted to save himself more than the girl and than becoming a mindless drone of the nation, that didn't happen to gordon but who the hell cares it's a good game... GO BUY COD2 and BF2 NOW!!!! Another note the rat torture had another way it was either starving the rats or making a flame on the other side of the person's head so the rat's would try to chew through the person's head.It's not about WW II it's about people seeing this like 1984 it's more about tyranys and evil people who try to take control of everything. If you want a good WWII book go look for Soldier X it's kinda a children's book but it's still a deep and intuitive one. GO buy CoD2 and BF2 ... NOW!!!!!