aanarchist

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

5th August 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

i just bought this card and i was wondering if this would be good to play hl2? i have 2.0ghz pentium 4, 512 ddr ram, and Visiontek Xtasy Radeon 9600 i forget wether it was 128 or 256 please reply

succorso

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,025 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Should run fine on at least lower medium settings. If you want to check how much memory (128 or 256) your radeon has, go to your start menu, click on "run" then type in "DX Diag" and it will be on the 1st page i believe.

jerome

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

15th January 2004

0 Uploads

191 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

You actually might be able to play on upper medium, but with around 30-40 FPS. For the noobs out there that means no "lag".

succorso

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,025 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

aanarchist I SAW you trying to hack the acrade from your profile! WHAT are you doing?

Stop.

Apok

Respect My Authoratah!

50 XP

1st March 2003

0 Uploads

1,934 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago
aanarchisti just bought this card and i was wondering if this would be good to play hl2? i have 2.0ghz pentium 4, 512 ddr ram, and Visiontek Xtasy Radeon 9600 i forget wether it was 128 or 256 please reply

With your system specs, you should be able to play HL2 nicely.

aanarchist

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

5th August 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
linkage2424aanarchist I SAW you trying to hack the acrade from your profile! WHAT are you doing? Stop.

im trying to hack the arcade? geez i dont even know what that means... please enlighten me and if u mean hacking the arcade as in hack the arcade in real life. i do that at malibu and only to the mvc2 machine :0wned:

succorso

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,025 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
aanarchistim trying to hack the arcade? geez i dont even know what that means... please enlighten me and if u mean hacking the arcade as in hack the arcade in real life. i do that at malibu and only to the mvc2 machine :0wned:

Uh..nvm then. I only came up with half a page, the bottom half was missing, but from what I could see i saw your profile and where it has reputation power, it had some javascript stuff, and something that said about hacking arcade. Oh well. Hey you mean malibu gran prix? What's the difference between the visionteks and the ATi's? Different clock speed, temp, what?

azzkiker

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

5th January 2003

0 Uploads

4,259 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Visiontek is just another graphic card producer.

They use the ATi's chip but the card and cooling are custom made.

Same goes for nVidia cards. The chip's made by nVidia but the card, cooling, packaging, cd's and content differs with each company. Just for more choices to choose from. Some companies even over-clock factory-made cards to boost click speed.