Mudpuppet

Du bist was du isst

50 XP

18th June 2006

0 Uploads

58 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

I think the fact that Halo 3 will be made exclusively for the Xbox 306 will be the 360's highest selling point. I think the 360 has been made too fast, released too early and critizised too much for it to be a giant success - but I think that with the arrival of the final installment of Halo, there will be a giant leap in Xbox 360 purchases, right?

So that brings me to my question - are you going to buy a 360 (those you you who don't have it already) when Halo 3 comes out? Or are you going to follow the masses and just get a PS3.

Pethegreat VIP Member

Lord of the Peach

70 XP

19th April 2004

0 Uploads

20,892 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

I have one already so I don't need to get one:p

Other people I have talked to have said they will wait untill halo 3 is out to get an xbox 360. They keep giving reasons about heat and the powersupply. I have had no issues with heat or the powersupply. I ran by xbox for a full 14 hours and I had no issues with it.

I dout halo 3 will sell a ton of xbox 360. By 2007, when halo is expected to come out, most people who want one will have one. Halo 3 won't be the killer app for the xbox like halo was.

I am going to wait on a PS3. I have not seen anything that has wowed me like the xbox 360 did.

Tuminatuh

Destroyer of Worlds.

50 XP

11th May 2006

0 Uploads

179 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

:agreed:gpost:

I already own a 360 as well and I too have had vey few problems with mine. I do think that Halo 3 will be A killer app for 360 but not neccessarily the killer app on 360 since the 360 has alot of great games coming up soon.

Also I too will probably wait on the PS3 for a while since the only title I am looking foward too so far is Gran Turismo 5 and that may not be a launch title. Also, considering the price, the PS3 would bankrupt me and it really isn't worth 600 bucks IMHO.:rolleyes:

I have asked friends about Halo 3 and buying a 360 and most of them either are going to buy a 360 when they get the money, or they aren't going to buy one at all. None of them are waiting on Halo 3 since Gears of War, Mass Effect, Lost Planet, Prey, F.E.A.R., etc are all worth a 360 purchase as well....and those games are a small portion of the great line-up the 360 has in store.

Spartan 100

FINISHING WHAT YOU STARTED!

50 XP

14th March 2005

0 Uploads

420 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

:agreed:gpost:

I already own a 360 as well and I too have had vey few problems with mine. I do think that Halo 3 will be A killer app for 360 but not neccessarily the killer app on 360 since the 360 has alot of great games coming up soon.

Also I too will probably wait on the PS3 for a while since the only title I am looking foward too so far is Gran Turismo 5 and that may not be a launch title. Also, considering the price, the PS3 would bankrupt me and it really isn't worth 600 bucks IMHO.roll%20eyes%20(sarcastic).gif

I have asked friends about Halo 3 and buying a 360 and most of them either are going to buy a 360 when they get the money, or they aren't going to buy one at all. None of them are waiting on Halo 3 since Gears of War, Mass Effect, Lost Planet, Prey, F.E.A.R., etc are all worth a 360 purchase as well....and those games are a small portion of the great line-up the 360 has in store. __________________

DITTO Its the same with me I already own a 360 its on atleast 6 hours a day and weekends atleast 18hours. My mates at school, (well the ones that don't have a 360 and i assure you its not many)are going to buy a 360 especially for N3 (ninety-nine nights), GOW, Brothers in Arms, Call of Duty 3, Halo 3 and i don't know many more. But i know for sure that all my mates will have a 360 before halo 3 is launched. But then there are the odd few that will be getting the PS3. Oh yeah and getting back to 360 problems, the only problem i get is freezing when i first turn it on with certain games like OBLIVION, but once it warms up she runs like a beauty and purs like a mountain lion, seriously.

Mastershroom VIP Member

Frag Out!

153,685 XP

18th November 2004

0 Uploads

14,196 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

I don't own a 360, though I would like one, and I plan to buy one as soon as I can scrape up enough fundage. I sure as hell look forward to Halo 3, but it's not going to be the game that makes or breaks the 360. If it were a release title, I could understand, but as it is, there are other great titles released before Halo 3 that would help the 360's sales. Call of Duty 2, for instance. I think that's a game that makes the 360 worth the price, and it's already out.

machasdolibre15

your retartsed.....lol.....

50 XP

17th July 2006

0 Uploads

62 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

i don't own a 360 either.....in the near future i'm going to get it along with halo 3 but i'm not just buying it for halo but for fable 2 and of course other games..... most of the kids at my school told me it would be a waste of time waiting for halo 3 when they could buy a ps3 with metal gear solid and other games too....í don't agree with them because by the time the ps3 comes out and buy it....halo3's coming out....then those who wanted halo3 for 360 but didn't wait and bought the ps3 was a waste of money.....

Mastershroom VIP Member

Frag Out!

153,685 XP

18th November 2004

0 Uploads

14,196 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

The PS3 really isn't worth it to me. I've never been a fan of any of the Playstation series anyway, except Grand Theft Auto, and those come out on PC anyway.

srjl2

I need councelling.

50 XP

22nd May 2004

0 Uploads

649 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

That, and the GTA series is also available on XBox. But I've played with both Playstation and XBox for the past 5 years or so. Playstation is only good for sports games. XBox is good for FPS and all those other goodies. And then there's Game Cube... Lol! Anyways, I'm planning on getting a 360 later this week once my paycheck comes in. It's like everyone else has said, "Those who want a 360 have probably already bought one." That's what my plan is.

WAM88

I...LOVE...HALO!!!

50 XP

1st May 2006

0 Uploads

42 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

Personaly I think Halo 3 IS the killer app for the 360 and I am one who is gunna wait till I 1 have enough money and 2 halo 3 comes out to buy the 360.

Mastershroom VIP Member

Frag Out!

153,685 XP

18th November 2004

0 Uploads

14,196 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

It'll be a hell of a game, no doubt, but I still want a 360 for other stuff like Call of Duty 2 and Gears of War.