Help!!!!!! -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

hey im trying to make a mod 4 halo, i guess i got the basics down, but whenever i click a few certain flags in hmt, it flashes "error while trying to update and write structure" twice. what's happening, and what can i do 2 fix it? im a noob. HELP!!!

Sunray

Naked under his clothes

50 XP

23rd August 2006

0 Uploads

3,096 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Give more details please. What exactly are you trying to do and when does the error occur? What are you modding?

Mastershroom VIP Member

Frag Out!

153,685 XP

18th November 2004

0 Uploads

14,196 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

Are you changing any numbers to anything between one and zero, for example .75? If so, you have to type a 0 before the dot, otherwise you'll get that error. So if you want some value to be .75, you have to type it in as 0.75.

That's the only time I've ever gotten that error. Hope it helps you.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 11 years ago

sry i havent been on in a while. sunray, im trying to apply the drop trigger lock on the assault rifle on blood gulch. im not trying to type a numeric value, im trying to check the boxes.

TheRealSuperSonic

O RLY?

50 XP

31st March 2007

0 Uploads

760 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

Yeah, once I tried to edit a (numeric)value in HMT when I got this error. I tried to replace a number with another and to do it, deleted the 0 it was, then the error, then typed the value. So instead of deleting it, you should select it and write in its place.

TheRealSuperSonic

O RLY?

50 XP

31st March 2007

0 Uploads

760 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

So thats it...you gotta select a value from the dropdown box above it. It must be the one saying Projectile(if u have the original plugins) or Triggers(if u hav the new better plugins): [_______v] (This is a dropdown box.) Make sure this field is set to 0(the only available option) and then select Drop Trigger Lock

Spoiler: Show
E:\gmax\assault.bmp

EDIT:-There seems to be a problem with the picture...What should I do to display this picture?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 11 years ago

thanks, that helped. it works now!!! so now i can go and mod a bunch of stuff that i never thought possible!!!:bows::beer::rofl::lol::dance: