help!!!!! -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 8 years ago

Hello Here's my issue, I'm trying to play Halo CE (Custom Edition) with a custom map and/or single player map mode. I have downloaded many custom/single player maps. I have replaced the ui.map to correspond with the single player maps but when I launch Halo CE, I receive this error:

"We have detected that one of the Halo PC files is missing or corrupted. We recommend removing and reinstalling the game. (mapsui.map)"

I did backup my original ui.map file so I still can play the campaign and multiplayer maps. But my good working ui.map is 2.43 mb and the one that comes with Halo CE is 2.44 and doesn't work. (strange)

But even when I use the console when playing Halo CE with the original ui.map I receive this message when I try to change the map thru the console. I type in at the command line: map_name hugeass, or map name hugeass or sv_map_name hugeass and it replies: requested function cannot be executed now.

I have uninstalled/re-installed Halo CE numerous times but still have the same problems!

I CAN play multiplayer standard or modded games and campaign with no problems, I just can't play custom maps or single player maps.

What is it that I'm doing wrong????

So can some one give me a DETAILED instruction as to how I can install and play in the CUSTOM and/or SINGLE PLAYER mode and what I need to do to get everything to work?

Thanks in advance