1985 recruiting -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

1985 modification Rifleman Donelly peered out through the deamon shaped eyes of his repirator, watching the pavement on the left. His NBC protection suit was making him sweat, and itch but was better than succumbing to the radiation sickness that so many in the platoon had dropped from. His SLR was ready and the safety was off as they treumbled along the East London Road, to his right a park, once beautiful and full of playing children, now baron and covered in a horrid looking dust... fall out... It has been only five weeks since the echange... seven weeks since seven soviet nuclear missiles had tore through the British Summer sky... seven weeks since it had all ended.... The terrace to the left was mainly unused, but civilians still lived, fending for themselves, or scavening... well not since the union has sprung up,. they opposed the government forces, and attempted to fight the army... sometimes they one, infact thats what the patrol was all about, a fighting patrol.... they had been seen somewhere near Roman road, but no one knew where they were. He sat providing Top-cover to the convoy, his mind on the job, only once in a while did the depression return, and he thought of his family and hope of their safety, but it was a forlorn thought... Suddenly an explosion, an IED blew next to the landrover in front, ripping it apart, the radio cackled into life, and he fired towards the smoke, fired maybe 5 or 6 shots, as his own landrover tried to speed past and clear of the ambush, but it was too late, another IED this time on the opposite side of the road roared into being, and he knew Willians, the driver was dead... they smashed into a derelict phone box, his heart was beating so fast, but his weapon had jammed, and to add to his problems his respirator steamed up, he shook his head and was pulled down into the smoke by sergeant Hawkins, "Move your bloody selves.... return fire, keep they're bleedin heads down!" Came the scream... but it was too late they had been surprised.... but this was normal..... afterall this is 1985... We are quite a way into the mod, we are working well in mapping and weapons modelling, but to finish, we need modders, If you think youve got what it takes to help us built the most militarily realistic, and imaginative modifications to grace the Half-life 2 engine... then get on the radio soldier... www.1985-mod.com or contact me... [EMAIL="arpbarker@hotmail.com"]arpbarker@hotmail.com[/EMAIL] Now pick up your rifle and fight...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 12 years ago

Alright guys, well i thought i mihgt get your creative juices flowing. couple of exclusives here, i wont be posting these no other sites for a few days anyway, so consider yourselves lucky!!! The emergency deployment depot, troops from the battalion in preperation for deployment to the front in Germany are sent to wait here. "Why East london?" you ask, well simply, its close proximity to London city airport, and need for a military policing force in large urban areas, meets two purposes. 1985_factory0012.jpg [COLOR=black]1985_factory0013.jpg[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]1985_factory0011.jpg[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Our mapping department is coming long well as you can see, our weapons department or 'armoury' is making behind the scenes progress. We're looking for more mappers, weaponsmiths, prop modellers, coders, texture artists, skinners, concept artists and voice actors.[/COLOR] If you have any of these skills, and are willing to join a friendly, proffesional, experienced and progressive modification team, then catch me on msn [EMAIL="arpbarker@hotmail.com"]arpbarker@hotmail.com[/EMAIL] or visit us on www.1985-mod.com our mod is also listed on moddb http://mods.moddb.com/7255/1985/ Dont be scared, we dont care what experience youve got, or if your just starting out, we are willing to give you a chance.