amit1234

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

18th January 2006

0 Uploads

34 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

I changed my display card to GeForce 6800 GT, and since then I have got problems: 1. when I run a map with black spaces, for example a map with only a floor with info_player_start standing on it (no walls and no ceil), the floor texture spread on all over the map. 2. when I quit a running map back to hammer, the hammer got stuck and I have to exit from it and to run hammer again in order to go back to work on it. 3. sometimes, the textures of the weapons or the caption of the menu are disappeared. 4. some lights are not seem like it sould be.

Before I changed the card those problems didn't happen. Moreover, as long as I am using hammer I experience more problems that I didn't experience before.

I have tried to change drivers and that wasn't helpful. Is it possible that I have problem with my display card ? Is it possible that my display card has problems running with hammer ? Is it can be some other problem ?

Lona

HL2 ├╝ber-meister

50 XP

10th January 2006

0 Uploads

228 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago
1. when I run a map with black spaces, for example a map with only a floor with info_player_start standing on it (no walls and no ceil), the floor texture spread on all over the map.

this is normal, you just need to make a skybox or a wall/ceiling

the rest of the problems.. are you sure they dont just have to do with the map you're running? do they also happen when you are playing on another map?

GordonFreeman911

Sechs?

50 XP

28th April 2006

0 Uploads

155 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

Can you please not make your typing on the wrong side of the road?

amit1234

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

18th January 2006

0 Uploads

34 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

Eventually it was a problem with the display card as I thought. The card was checked in a lab and the results showed that the card was no good. I put another card and everything returned to be OK again.