25th April 2005

0 Uploads

39 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

*** TDM_[HomeTown_1996] ***

Official Release!

update info:

None, first release. Maybe one update may follow.

General info:

This map is different from all other maps. It is compatible with RolePlaying and very suitable for making comics with garry's mod. you have to look a bit harder to get weapons here. you might even go and steal some weapons from off your neighbours balcony. or look in the trashcans outside, who know what you find in there. but you also might simply go to the local weaponstore.

HomeTown.jpgHomeshot.jpg

there is a secret hideout in this map where you are able to control some things in the map like in RiverView. if you have found the entrance to the hideout, you need a keycode to get in it. (4digits) if you are realy interested, you might find the the code hidden in the map. it will be a bit difficult to find, so that only a few people will have the code. (if everyone does, its no fun anymore. so there) so i can tell you, it would be wise not to tell others the code, becouse you give them the same power then. of course you can invite your mates. there is a special teleporter for it, complete with doorbell and camera etc.

i am sure you like this map even when not knowing the code. (Hideout is not as big, or as special as in RiverView)

Other info:

I putted a usable Volvo car model in the map. I did not make that model, the author of that model is, ehm. i dont know. Its not realy clear to me. Probably the Author does not care about credits, i dont know. Anyway, i like the model, so its now part of the map.

Known Bugs:

1 Some times you can see transclusent textures and sometimes models through other transclusent textures that are more close to you. 2 Becouse the car has custom sounds (all contained in the map) the sounds wont play with hosting in Dedicated Server. This is a known bug, and should be fixed by an update for Dedicated Server by valve! (same bug counts for custom decals) 3 Since the game (HL2) what never made with use of the slam weapon. Model Doors cant open and will stick. And brushmade doors does not always blow them up when there is blocking damage added to them. So I added a custom trigger on the door as small as possible just to blow the bomb. Unfortunatly, the trigger has to be able to hurt players to actualy hurt the bomb. This is only added on the prisoncell doors becouse there it is needed. Not touching the door when opening will prevent this from hurting you. And if you are hurt, its only -1 healthpoint.

All of those bugs are not my fault. These are all Source Engine bugs! So please, dont report these bugs, they are already taken care of, or could not be fixed by me. I did the best i can to prevent all bugs. _______________________________________________________________ You can get the map from this site: www.ulteamate.cjb.net (go to [FilesInside] in the left top corner)

An F.Kalkman creation 2005

F.Kalkmans maps, maps that make a differance!

Avantoll

Want a piece of Popcorn

50 XP

19th February 2005

0 Uploads

45 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

Already downloaded it from the Garrys mOd Forum, very well done and i like this small room you can discover by finding this mysterious code<---very hard to find:bows:

Psychotic Gerbil

A cold flame holds your fate.

50 XP

9th October 2004

0 Uploads

53 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Hoooly crud... This will be VERY useful for any comic makers.. Wow... just... Wow.

MercX

Cowards die in shame.

50 XP

27th July 2005

0 Uploads

34 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

gj man, very well done. first ive seen of this quality

Smartzenegger

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

25th April 2005

0 Uploads

39 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

it took me 3 years to update the map. so now its 1999. Sorry i took so long.

this update makes the 1996 version obsolete. thats why the 1996 version is no long available on the UlTeaMate site.

*** RP_HomeTown_1999 ** & ** TDM_HomeTown_1999 ***

update info:

3 years added. 2 extra volvo's added. (now 4) car driving sound bug fixed/prevented. more ladders added. some textures improved. textures added. PulsarComputers shop, mr.HandyTools shop & Chaplin Movie Theatre are now: [TDM-> accessible] [RP-> usable]. as requested, the Albert Schweitzenegger Hospital is now a bit bigger inside. the police station is now usable in RP. 2 more prison cells added. performance enhanced in police station, pulsar computers and in the Chaplin Movie Theatre. more roofs are accessible. roof on hideout building is now accessible. Gmod tools available in the Mr.HandyTools shop. code is very well hidden now. (becouse of the assholes who spoiled it) (remember: i wont give any hint!!!) (but its still findable) and the hideout is now protected against noclippers.

hometown1999.jpgmap1999.jpg since the 1996 map was meant to be versatile, every one did with it what they want with it. becouse of that its now splitted up in 2 maps. one for the classic deathmatch and one for the other purposes. to get the best out of both playing modes. just to satisfy everyone. the TDM version is good for deathmatch and teamdeathmatch. and the RP version is good for use with Gmod and for use of RolePlaying & making comics. becouse you can fix the windows now. some windows fix automaticly after 60 seconds. i know how easily windows break when you try to pose a ragdoll in front of it. so thats mostly why i recommend the rp map for it. when trying the code, or playing alone, i suggest to take the TDM map. in the RP map you wont be able to get out of the prisson by yourself anymore. i added 2 extra volvo's and made 2 nice skins for them. and i edited the script file so now it uses the original HL2 SinglePlayer buggy/jeep sounds. this means that silent driving will be history.

Other info:

I did not create the Volvo model, the author of that model is.... ehm.. i dont know. Its not realy clear to me who actualy made it. Probably the Author does not care about credits, i dont know. Anyway, i like the model, so its now part of the map.

Known Bugs:

1. Dome times you can see transclusent textures and sometimes models through other transclusent textures that are more close to you. 2. since the game (HL2) what never made with use of the slam weapon. Model Doors cant open and will stick. And brushmade doors does not always blow them up when there is blocking damage added to them. So I added a custom trigger on the door as small as possible just to blow the bomb. Unfortunatly, the trigger has to be able to hurt players to actualy hurt the bomb. This is only added on the prisoncell doors becouse there it is needed. Not touching the door when opening will prevent this from hurting you. And if you are hurt, its only -1 healthpoint.

All of those bugs are not my fault. These are all Source Engine bugs! So please, dont report these bugs, they are already taken care of, or could not be fixed/prevented by me. I did the best i can to prevent all bugs.

IMPORTANT:

If you are using this map with dedicated server please add this line in the server.cfg

net_maxfilesize 20

otherwise others are not able to download the map from the server. by default i created a point_servercommand in the map, but it does not work with dedicated server. it ignores it just like the custom decals, and sounds. i hate this bug! "ignorance is bliss" my ass!!!

special thanks to Logen (creator of the RP_KijkDuin_b## maps) he helped me out with some things and shared his knowlidge with me.

you can download the map from here: www.ulteamate.cjb.net go to [files inside] and there you go.

[Tip: if the page does not show the map's download, then clear your internet history in the internet-options] (close all your browsers first) then, try again.

Thank you for playing my maps. Enjoy.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 13 years ago

Hey :) know it sounds stupid.. but how do i use the code? I think it's the code.. and i have found the hideout. Do i press 'E' or what ?