Mod Collector

50 XP

13th December 2002

0 Uploads

264 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

RSV.jpg

Hi ... this is just a very small Mod (but it's available now and ready for download) Only 300 kB, so everybody can check it out ...

There's just a short readme file so I think I can post it:

________________________ Recruit Snyder's Vietnam 1.0 B Gameplay Enhancements for BF Vietnam

This is a "quick & dirty" Mod for Battlefield Vietnam. It does not contain any complex changes to the game (like my Mod Collection PLUS for BF42) due to game performance reasons.

Features: - Blood FX (moderate) - 3rd person view for infantry (F10 - F12) - No self destruction for damaged vehicles - Vehicles can be abandoned on a map for later re-use - Tank & chopper weapons with adjusted velocity / ammo - Hooks & winches added to certain vehicles (MI-8 Cargo etc.) - Cobra pilot got add'l heat seeking missiles - MI-8 Cargo Helicopter added to certain maps - unarmed - Helipads repair and ammo refill radius increased - BM21 SAM on more maps - Ammo for certain hand weapons adjusted - Southern Heavy Assault class re-done (M60 with only one mag) - Hint: Now you can hijack enemy vehicles and hide them in a safe place (no self destruction when abandoned, they won't respawn until destroyed)

(Changes 1.0 A -> 1.0 B: Cobra removed from Tango; MI-8 added; hand weapons edited)

Install:

- Extract this mod to your "Battlefield Vietnam/Mods" folder. - The folder "SNY" should appear next to "BFVietnam". - If you would like to listen to the original music, copy the "music" folder from "BFVietnam" and paste it into "SNY" - Activate this mod in the custom game menu (choose "SNY").

Due to the increased hardware requirements of BF Vietnam this mod will not add more vehicles or effects, no new gameplay tweaks or weapons, nothing else ;-))

If you want more action, play Battlefield 1942 with my Mod Collection PLUS 1.6 (RtR & SW required): http://www.fpscentral.com/index.php?site=fileinfo&id=666

Have fun,

Recruit Snyder ________________________

You can get it from here, for now:

http://www.fpscentral.com/index.php?site=fileinfo&id=687

(.ace archive, to be extracted using Winace or Winrar)

For those who downloaded the 1.0A version from FPSCentral, please get the new one (just a few changes).

Preview - what's coming next (this is not included in 1.0B)

RSV2.jpg

RSV3.jpg

yzrider388

Back Again

50 XP

2nd July 2003

0 Uploads

575 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

sounds sweet, ill give it a try

Recruit Snyder

Mod Collector

50 XP

13th December 2002

0 Uploads

264 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Preview: RSV4.jpg

RSV5.jpg

Recruit Snyder

Mod Collector

50 XP

13th December 2002

0 Uploads

264 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Pilots will kill me now ... I gave the "Russian" BM21 SAM truck additional SA-7 missiles which are, as we all know, quite weak and slow. And the rate of fire also is slow. So don't worry :) The truck now has a crew of up to three, nobody is carrying weapons. AI supported. I also gave the MUTT heat seeking missiles but it somehow didn't fit ... technically it's okay, but the jeep is a common vehicle on those maps while there are only one or two trucks per map, so I removed the missiles from the jeep.

RSV6.jpg

Kahless the Grey

Special 'cause I said so

50 XP

24th September 2002

0 Uploads

889 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

good mod, can't wait for 1.0c

Recruit Snyder

Mod Collector

50 XP

13th December 2002

0 Uploads

264 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

There's more to come :)

RSV7.jpg

RoloTomasi

a.k.a. Section 8

50 XP

24th July 2003

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

What's this? Snyder you already jumped on BF:V? Thought you weren't going to get this game. Well glad to see your already at work with it, just kinda suprised me to see this thread and already a mini-mod out. Well I for one know whatever Snyder puts in will be great, he(you) does really nice quality work, oh btw hiya Snyder. ;) Well looks like another mod to look forward to.:) Rolo

Recruit Snyder

Mod Collector

50 XP

13th December 2002

0 Uploads

264 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Hi Rolo :) Now you caught me here ... yes, I said I wasn't going to get BFV immediately, maybe later ... and actually it was in the evening of the release day when I bought it! And I just started to customize my own game (only coding, nothing big) when people were asking me for a little mini mod ... so I released it. It will be only a small mod, ~300 kB, and I'll return to BF42 soon. You know that I needed a break after the MCP release, don't you? :) Thanks again ... oh, BTW, have you got BFV? Just in case I need a good and patient alpha tester again :)

RoloTomasi

a.k.a. Section 8

50 XP

24th July 2003

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Heya Snyder:) I haven't picked up BF:V yet, I'm waiting for it to go on sale at one of my favorite stores(Fry's Electronics or BestBuy) they always have the new games on sale within a few months of release, and I was checking to see the feedback and what's to come with mods and maps and such, and looks like alot of people are really liking it so it's definately on my to do list, probably get it within the next few weeks..hopefully, I'll let ya know when I do get it. I would gladly test for ya anyday bud:) Also I will probably never get tired of your MCP 1.6, it's always fun to play especialy now that I'm not looking for bugs;) Its a great mod(40 maps doesn't get old too fast, plus all the extra features) Its a permanant addition in my mods folder, that's for sure. Well let me know when ya start getting an alpha going for BF:V, I look forward to giving it a whirl. Rolo

Recruit Snyder

Mod Collector

50 XP

13th December 2002

0 Uploads

264 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Well, you seem to like the MCP :) Re. BFV, I wouldn't say one *has* to buy it. It's good to wait until people have overcome the initial excitement :) It's better than I thought (great atmosphere, better graphics, not as laggy as I said before), but ... fast jets on small maps, unbalanced infantry weapons, only a handful of land vehicles. If it weren't for the choppers I wouldn't be playing it. And modding :)