Blitz-CDN

Wicked Sig Maker :D

50 XP

24th January 2003

0 Uploads

219 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Something about steam not being there and needing to verify its presence. ???

Really pissing me off. It occcured at the end of disk 4 btw.

Anyone have this similar problem? I've done lots of searching and everyone seems to get a 1334, mine was 1305. GRR

Blitz-CDN

50 XP

24th January 2003

0 Uploads

219 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

exact message:

Error 1305. Error reading from file: C:\Program Files\Valve\SteamApps\counter-strike source shared content.gcf. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 14 years ago

I got the same message during install, 3 times on Disc 2 and once I made it to disk 3 when it happened. I am very frustrated. I have a great computer (128 mb nVidia card, 1 gb ram, 2.4 ghz processor) updated all drivers, and even updated all BIOS (especially installation CDROM). Their website says nothing, and I can't figure out what to do.

phoenizz

-

50 XP

3rd March 2008

0 Uploads

939 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

if u acre only about hl2, dont install CS:S, i never even tried since i wasnt going to play it.

The message reffers to CS:S so dont install it.

Blitz-CDN

50 XP

24th January 2003

0 Uploads

219 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

I found out the problem.

My disc 4 and 5 looked as if someone put milk inside my cd. Like little puddles. It actually froze my ME PC.

Im taking it back to get changed today.

phoenizz

-

50 XP

3rd March 2008

0 Uploads

939 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

um..... three letters...

WTF?

lol, milk inside a disk?! Well at least you know the problem...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 14 years ago

The error on Disk 2 wouldn't be a Counter Strike problem, and even worse, the Half Life 2 support page cites a specific problem about installing HL2 and unchecking CS:S--the problem being that it usually won't work. When I install, I pull up the directory folder and watch the file structure as it is created. As it tries to create the half-life 2 common base files, it writes 56 megs of the file, then pauses, then erases the file, rewrites 56 megs, erases it, writes 26 megs, and then says it can no longer access the file. Weird. Weird and really frustrating.

Blitz-CDN

50 XP

24th January 2003

0 Uploads

219 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

lmao its not actually milk dumbass :D :P

it just looks like it, white puddles inside my cd. I took it back to EB and got it exchanged. It works fine now :)

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 14 years ago

I also went and exchanged CDs, and the install worked on the first try. How lousy a production company did Valve/Sierra choose when such a disproportionally large number of CDs are failing? If you google Error 1305 and Halflife 2, you'll see this is a pervasive issue, not just a smattering of isolated occurances.

By the way, when I say the installation worked, I used the term loosely. Since I only have dialup available in my area, it was ridiculous to wait for both Steam and Halflife to update themselves, decode themselves, and do everything online other than give one another backrubs for 90 minutes while I waited. Anyone else hate the fact that it takes 90 seconds for the game just to get to the main menu screen? I have a screaming machine, and the delay is unfathomable. It reminds me of how long it took to load games on my Commodore 64!!!

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 14 years ago

when u install hl2 u need to install cs with it i tried just hl2 and got an error 3 times i checked the cs box and it installed no problem and make sure your not running any virtual cd programs it checks 4 them and wont install if it detects any