Error 1305 - Disc 4 -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#11 16 years ago

The likely problem is Service Pack 2. Uninstall it and the HL2 installation will complete without Error 1305. Several threads on other forums seem to think this is a problem with certain drives or actual physical problems with some disks. I had this problem the first four times I tried to install HL2. My Disk 4 has the same structural abnormalities described by other users with this problem but my installation went fine after I uninstalled SP2 and tried it a fifth time. Guess it's just another problem with SP2 to put on the list...:mad:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#12 16 years ago

Its not SP2! I bought the disc verison and I got a faulty disc 4 also, ran a disc check and found there were sectors on the cd that were unreadable. Very very poor effort on valves part but took it back to the lan gaming place I bought it from, exhanged the disc for a new one and now its working fine.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#13 16 years ago

My problem is 1305 error on disk three. A window pops up and says Verrify base source shared sounds.gcf I checked and it is there but all it says i can do is canel or retry the setup. What do I do? help plz...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#14 16 years ago

I get the same error when I try to install Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. When I try to install disk 2 I get an error 1305 message. I've exchanged the cds once, and Ive used that ms dos command dir/ s to check that the cd is ok, the cd seems ok.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#15 16 years ago

Hey People - I found a solution to my 1305 error on disc 3 - I got HL2 for Christmas... could not get the thing to install. Googled for the error I was receiving and the best hope I had for a solution was here... To no avail, no solutions posted aside from "GO GET A REPLACEMENT SET OF CDs" So it was done, needless to say SAME ERROR. Well here's what I did. I unplugged my internet connection!! While I did get one 1305 error - I clicked retry and viola!! Got disc 4 to to bang out and then 5. Give it a go and post the results!! Good Luck