Error 1334.........please help -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 14 years ago

(Error 1334 The file "hl2.icol' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file "hl24.cab'. This could indicate a network error, error reading from CD-ROM or a problem with this package) :confused: steam and the first 3 cd's install perfectly but it has the error on the 4th disk so im assuming theres a problem with the disk if anone has any advice or a soultion to my problem, your help would be greatly appreciated. ...i need a drink:beer:

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Looks like the CD is damaged, either the data or maybe a scratch on it..? I'd trade it were you bought it for another.

Lathlain

ORLY??

50 XP

14th April 2006

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

:0wned: not quite 1337 :P

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 14 years ago

I've gotten this error on discs 2, 4 and i beleive 3. Iv also got a different error on disc 5 once. I've tried to install this damn game so many times its ridiculus. I've tried updating Steam first, installing it before i updated steam, tried installing it from my HD, from the Cd's and from a DVD drive. Farthest I got was to disc 5 one time, only to give me an error about not finding a file in the hl.cab file. This game is a piece of shit. If anyone really knows why this is happening please let us know. I find it hard to beleive its a CD problem. since some ppl have this problem, returned the cd's and gotten a new game, only to have the same problem again. HELP!!!!!!

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 14 years ago

Make a folder on Hard Drive - Call it Half Life Disks. Copy all .cab files, .dll, .ini, .inf, and .msi files from the disks to folder. Run hl2.msi. This should work. My husband was getting the same error - this is what I did to fix it and it installed - now he's cussing about the Steam crap!

Karen

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 14 years ago

karen, i run the hl2.msi file from within the folder on the C: drive correct? it is still not working, im getting error 1335 : The cabinet file 'hl2.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error from reading the cd-rom , or a problem with the package. I can keep hitting retry over and over but it doesnt get anywhere. I think im just going to give up on this game.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 14 years ago

These are the files I have in the folder C:\Half Life Disks. I don't know if they all are necessary:

installer.dll hl2.cab hl22.cab hl23.cab hl24.cab hl25.cab hl2.ini steam.ini vave.inf hl2.msi steam.msi

C:\ Half Life Disks\HL2.msi is the actual installer. The SETUP.exe will ask for disks, so you don't need it. You don't need the other stuff either. Make sure all 5 of the cab files are in the folder. Try deleting the hl2.cab and recopy to hard drive. I had a little bit of trouble copying the cab files to HD. Kept getting error messages. They are huge files, so keep trying. I would email you the hl2.cab file if it is truely corrupt, but it's 650 MB! (Not sure if WinZip could compress it further, but I'll check. This game has been a pain in the a**! Buy my husband is happy now! keep trying-it's worth it-seems to be a great game after you jump through the hoops to get it installed!

Karen

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 14 years ago

Sorry, CAB files already are compressed - I can't see a way to compress it further. So I don't think I can email it to you!

Karen

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 14 years ago

still not workin......i returned my first and second i got thismornin still has the error......even when i copy the files to my hd

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 14 years ago

I also have the same problem, I'm on my third DVD and tried installing it on two different machine but i still get the same error, I've tried copying it to my HDD and installing from there, Still the 1334 error. If you use winrar and open hl24.cab there is no hl2.ico1 but you will find it in hl25.cab!!! I've given up on it. time for a refund i think.:(