Rockhound_sweden

I lie to hide from my pain....

50 XP

28th November 2004

0 Uploads

99 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

I am going to buy a new graphics card. I am thinking of a Nvida Geforce 6600 GT.

I should have it when i play games like STALKER, HL2 and Halo 2.

But do u guys know any better card for those (and comming) games in the same priceclass? I am not that good at Gefroce because I have only had Radeon.

BLuDY_ZoMbY_LoVE

ME-HATE-YOU-HATE-ME

50 XP

16th September 2004

0 Uploads

35 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

nvidia geforce 6800 ultra, the next card after gt, but i myself am gettin a gt great card.... and i heard about a geforce 6800 ultra xp is coming out? might jsut be a rumor...

sabre_fett

SaBrE

50 XP

30th March 2004

0 Uploads

37 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

if you want a better card in the same price range as the 6600 gt then get....

seriously, for its price the 6600 GT is the best card out, don't even think of another card :)

it really is making we wonder why its proce is so low. :) its a 6800 gt cut back very slightly in a few ways.

make sure you get PCI for recent intel boards and AGP for athlon.

so if you want a card now get that otherwise wait till another card is a slightly lower price.

Rockhound_sweden

50 XP

28th November 2004

0 Uploads

99 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

hehe, ok :D

Yeah, I know i'ts VERY cheap.

but what are u talking about when ure saying "make sure you get PCI for recent intel boards and AGP for athlon.". Isnt there just a normal AGP slot or what.

But i know that i have to plug in a molex in the 6600 GT or else it will freeze.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 13 years ago

Oh, I am running on a 6600GT and I'm more than happy with the performance in this price class it's outstanding for a cheap amount of money. Let's say you've had a GeForce 4 before, with the 6600GT you're tippleing performance of games The 6600GT comes either as a PCI express or an AGP card. I do have the AGP version. You also do need another free plug from your computers power supply in order to give the board enough juice to run.

Rockhound_sweden

50 XP

28th November 2004

0 Uploads

99 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

Ok, But wich 6600 GT should i have, I mean there is like ASUS and other, wich one?? :p

st.jimmy

i fort the law and the law won

50 XP

3rd December 2004

0 Uploads

140 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

i have a leadtek one but it dont matter they are all the same just manufactered buy different companies. make sure you go to nvidia.com and get beta drivers for it as the drivers out now have a bug in that messes up the textures with agp 6600gt cards.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 13 years ago

I've got an XFX extreme gamer 6600GT by the pine group. :D

Rockhound_sweden

50 XP

28th November 2004

0 Uploads

99 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago

ok, and thx for all help :) I really appreciate it.

st.jimmy

i fort the law and the law won

50 XP

3rd December 2004

0 Uploads

140 Posts

0 Threads

#10 13 years ago

sorry if you get the agp 6600gt card the beta drivers are on nvidia.co.uk not .com my bad