Radicalmonkeyhead

The Radical

50 XP

15th December 2005

0 Uploads

1,611 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

I got sin episodes but instead of downloading all updates for the games i backup hl2 and episode 1 and then unistalled hl2 and steam and deleted all the files on my C drive under valve, then i reinstalled steam on my bigger HDD and then used the backup files and ran them and it seemed to install hl2, hl2:ep1 and CSS and i checked my folders and it was all working but then when i installed Gmod and tried putting mods in they didn't worked i put them in the right folders and refreshed the -modcahce and i also installed hl2 from the disk and validated all my games and still the same. Why is this happening but after all it could be where i'm putting my skins for people so could somebody tell me where i would put a alyx reskin and also a blood mod what gives you better blood didn't work either?

17th November 2005

0 Uploads

189 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Jeez man, try to form your paragraph out of more than one sentence. Let me see if I understand you. You backed up everything, deleted the original folder(and all contents), reinstalled everything on another hard drive(via backups). You then tested the original 3 games(HL2, HL2:E1, CSS), and discovered they worked fine. The problem was when you tried to use mods. They would not show up in the steam list. So, you reinstalled HL2 via disk, and validated files, but still have the same issue. Also, you have checked to make sure you are installing the mods to the correct folder. Now, if thats right, I can only think of one thing. I know you said you checked the folder for the mods, but check again. Be very sure you installed to Valve/Steamapps/Sourcemods/Gmod. That should be the path for Gmod. The only thing I can think of that would cause your problem is incorrect folder location. Also, once my brother was installing mods, and he accidently created a sourcemods folder inside the original sourcemods folder. He kept putting his mods there, and they weren't registering. So, if you are putting it in the right spot like you said, then sorry, I don't know what you could do. As for the skin/blood mod, usually when you download those, they come with readme's and tell you where to put them. Usually things like skins overwrite other files, but that shouldn't cause your problem. Only thing that you could do with skins is accidently delete one, in which case you would get errors in game.

Radicalmonkeyhead

The Radical

50 XP

15th December 2005

0 Uploads

1,611 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

Well thank you and sorry about the writing i was writing it in a hurry, and to the blood mod i had it working fine before in Gmod i just simply extracted that to the mods folder like the readme said and it worked.

And the same with the Alyx skin i put it in my mods folder(it doesn't overwrite the alyx it just adds and extra one)and then it worked but now there not since all the reinstall but i have a mod what you put into your Valve/Steamapps/Sourcemods/Gmod/mods and it allows you to spawn everything from SiN Episodes. So that seems to be working but why not the others?