Steam won't even start now! SOS! 911! -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

I haven't played HL2 for a couple of weeks. It's always worked fine, no problems whatsoever. Today, I boot up my pc, and Steam won't start. I get this error: "Steam.exe (main exception) Win32 StructuredException at 01420420: attempt to write virtual address 312411244 without appropriate access rights" What the hell is this? I figured maybe if I reinstall steam maybe it would fix it, but is that safe to do? Does that mean I have to go through the hassle of reinstalling hl2 again, and more importantly, is it going to screw up my steam account? Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I'm really pretty clueless as to how this crap works. Thanks for any help with this.

ToXiC Hawk

C'mon! Have a brain!

50 XP

6th December 2004

0 Uploads

4,994 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

Steam sucks. Just don't use steam, I know that's the only way to play HL2 but I learnt not to use steam. Sorry I can't anser your question, I'm sure someone will.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 13 years ago

So far, I would have to agree .

Fragger

ε..з

50 XP

22nd April 2002

0 Uploads

6,816 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago
ToXiC Hawk...I learnt not to use steam.

What does that mean?

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

564,466 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,067 Posts

1,324 Threads

#5 13 years ago

he might mean in offline mode...when steam is being a pain, i just unplug my internet...and then start HL2 and play in offline

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 13 years ago

What happens if I just uninstall steam and then insall it again?

mentalx

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

9th August 2004

0 Uploads

342 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

you have to install it again but steam is easy you can just click the game and it will install and update your account will not be screwed up so try it :) you have nothing too lose :)

parkisg

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th February 2004

0 Uploads

12 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

ya, i just found the similar problem: WIN32 StructuredofException error,

I found the answer, Well when I installed HL2 on my computer for the first time, It installed HL2 and Counterstrike, and it put icons on my desktop for both those games, and a seperate "Steam" icon, so instead of clicking on the HL2 icon to start, click on the Steam icon, and this will update your steam account, I guess the guy that posted above was right. :)