I didn't make it!
You have registered with us and can now participate in forum discussions. We are glad that you chose to be a member of our community and we hope to see you active on the forum. Before you get on with the posting, there are a couple of things you should remember:
- When you registered, you checked a little box indicating that you accept the forum rules. If you by any chance just checked the box without reading the rules, it would behove you to actually do so. There are not many rules you need to know, and it would be stupid to get yourself banned now that you have registered. The Forum Guidelines can be found here.
- You may from time to time have various questions about how to use the forum and the options you have. Many of the most commonly asked questions are answered in the FAQ, which can be found here.
- If you have any questions that are not answered in the FAQ, you can post you question in the FileFront.com Help Center forum. You can also post questions, comments, and error reports regarding FileFront and Files Network. If you encounter a bug on the forum or if you have a question you suspect only an Administrator can answer, you can ask your question there too.
- We have a strict advertising rules here. The only form of advertising we allow is members having links in their signatures to places they like to visit, like non-competitor forums or small personal homepages. All other forms of advertising in posts and signatures will be removed. So, if you have a favourite site or a homepage, please confine those links to your signature.
- This forum is for the new members to introduce themselves to the community and perhaps make their first posts in a secure environment, so to say. This means that you are not allowed make new introduction threads if you are an older member. This forum is for the new members only, so please respect that.
- This is not a forum for padding your post count. Unlike the Spam and Leisure Games forums, posts made here do count towards your overall post count, and in the past, members have made it a habit of posting brief generic messages here en masse to boost their post numbers. Anyone caught doing so may have their access to this forum removed.
- Please do not use this forum to recruit members for your clan. We have a general forum for the clan recruitment which can be found here. Also, every individual game forum has it's own clan sub-forum too.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to send a private message to [COLOR=DarkOrange]G.R.A.E.M.E.[/COLOR], Master Lindale Mustaparta, Gatecrusher420, or any other member of the Gaming Forums staff. We are easily identifiable as the people in[COLOR=Orange] [COLOR=DarkOrange]Orange[/COLOR][/COLOR] (regular Moderators of individual forums), [COLOR=Green]Green[/COLOR] (Super Moderators whose powers extend to every forum) and Red (senior forum Administrators, the people who're in charge of this place). As to make it a bit easier for you, here is a list of the official Super Moderators and Administrators.
[COLOR=Red]Note to current members:[/COLOR]
You are more than welcome to "welcome" the new members to this forum. However, we don't want to see spam, rows of you replying just to gain post count or telling people to read the FAQ once someone else has already said it. Put some effort into your posts. Simple "Hi", "Hello" or anything that obviously lacks any effort will be removed. Use common sense. Replying to several threads in the row and simply copy/pasting your welcoming message to each one without making any significant change is nothing more than spam intended to boost your post count. Failure to comply with these simple intro forum rules will result in the possibility of your posts being removed (including the post count), your access to this forum removed as well as the possibility of being banned. Also, if you see a post that violates any of these rules, feel free to report it with button. You can find it on every post.
Thank you for registering! :) Enjoy your time here.
OW & HS Addict
14th August 2008
Updated thread accordingly. You may welcome Zipacna as your new Introduce Yourself moderator who'll be assisting me in moderating this place. :)
[editedby="~kyrillix~"] As of recently, the Introduction Forum moderator Zipacna resigned. [/editedby]
Formerly known as Graeme and Arld.
OW & HS Addict
14th August 2008
[color="darkviolet"]I would like to emphasize some things for (future) guests:
Please do not use this forum as to attempt recruitment for your clans - there is a reason as to why the 'Recruit for Your Clan' forum, as well as the specific ones, exist.
Secondly, I've noticed our other moderator had to close some topics bumped. While it may be a bot this time, it does happen quite frequently over a certain timespan. Please do not bump threads in here that are older than 1 week of age.[/color]
Formerly known as Graeme and Arld.
Mister Angry Rules Guy
1st February 2010
[COLOR=SeaGreen]Issue 1: Some new members have asked how to create a signature: you cannot immediately do so. Due to the high level of adbots, or annoying people that just want to advertise, there is now a timer in place that requires you to reach 10 (valid) posts before you are allowed to create a signature. When you are finally able to make a sig, exactly the same laws apply: do not advertise outside sites. The only exceptions are small sites that YOU OWN (such as your game mods), or gaming channels on YouTube (But they had better be good!). Any violations, and you can expect us to be knocking on your profile. You have been warned! _____________________________________________[/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen]__________________[/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen]__________________[/COLOR] [COLOR=SeaGreen] Issue 2: DO NOT contact us to help you with your pirated or ported material. This is a VERY quick and easy way of getting yourself a permanent ban. Listen very closely, because I am going to say this once: porting and pirating is ILLEGAL! [/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen]_____________________________________________[/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen]__________________[/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen]__________________[/COLOR] [COLOR=SeaGreen] Issue 3: If you are a new member, do not start your intro in someone else's thread. Start an intro thread of your own so that we can welcome you properly. [/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen]_____________________________________________[/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen]__________________[/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen]__________________[/COLOR] [COLOR=SeaGreen] Issue 4: Once again, this forum is for introducing NEW members ONLY! If you have been inactive for a long period of time, and are looking to re-introduce yourself. Please do so in the General Discussion forum. There, your reunion can continue [/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen](hopefully)[/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen] in peace. [/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen]_____________________________________________[/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen]__________________[/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen]__________________[/COLOR] [COLOR=SeaGreen] Thank you, and have a nice day! :don:[/COLOR]