Re-Introduce Yourself! 81 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,396 XP

15th December 2002

48 Uploads

22,460 Posts

1,702 Threads

#1 2 years ago

Hi, I'm FileTrekker.

I came here because I am insane.

Why did you come to FilesNation? :)

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,239 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,113 Posts

1,329 Threads

#2 2 years ago

I was told there would be blackjack and hookers.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

MoreGun89

53 XP

28th July 2004

0 Uploads

2,426 Posts

0 Threads

#3 2 years ago

New home is admittedly better with blackjack and hookers!  

Mother Banhammer

Lysdestic VIP Member

Dr. Professor Logic, PhD.

44,933 XP

11th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,256 Posts

93 Threads

#4 2 years ago

I came here because as honored as I was to be welcomed back on staff at Gaming Forums (It's always gonna have that name to me...) it was a shell of what it once was. 

Sure, the community may still be small here, and perhaps, even smaller. But with new software and a "fresh-start" I'm eager to see how the community shapes over the coming months. More relaxed and fun? Less hold-outs only in Spam forum? 

Ultimately though, I'm happy to be connecting with you guys, I've said it over and over since the old forums went down, but GF was my first exposure to the bigger world, if you will. I don't want that to go away. :)

Barbas

Hound dog

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

440 Posts

0 Threads

#5 2 years ago

I am Barbas. You can call me Barbas. I lurked on the Escapist forums for a number of years before deciding to join in 2013. These forums were recommended, so here I am to meet new and interesting people. Good luck, everyone.

Calvin%2B%2526%2BHobbes%2Bsnow%2Bforts.jpg

Mikey Über Admin

Caffiene Fuelled Ravings of an undiagnosed Sociopath.

45,338 XP

13th June 2008

1 Uploads

3,847 Posts

213 Threads

#6 2 years ago

I'm Mikey. I came here because I hate change. 

Makes no sense right? But I hated the fact that some big corporation were just going to shut down a site I've been visiting for about 10 years of my life.

Made no sense to me. I'm not anti-corporation or anything, and GF has been floundering for some time now, but I'm hopeful that the great community that was there will find their way here in time.

Welcome aboard everyone, just the number of threads and posts since we soft launched (we're not hard launched yet!) is immense and makes the last few weeks worth everything.

:) 

Mikey - GameFront.com - Lead Developer

Lysdestic VIP Member

Dr. Professor Logic, PhD.

44,933 XP

11th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,256 Posts

93 Threads

#7 2 years ago

Mikey, as I understand it you have had a big hand in helping get this going. I totally get what you mean about hating change and not wanting a big corporation to shut-down OUR website.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say we are very glad to have you here. :)

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,336 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,145 Posts

5 Threads

#8 2 years ago

I've been part of this community, in one form or another for almost thirteen years. So, I'm here because folks I like are here, or will hopefully turn up soon - also because it's gonna be interesting to see what happens. ^_^

Dragonelf68

ಠ_ಠ

220,771 XP

24th September 2007

0 Uploads

19,359 Posts

0 Threads

#9 2 years ago

I heard there was blackjack. 

kYuedqC.png

Elrond1982

Good to be back

50 XP

19th October 2004

0 Uploads

1,487 Posts

0 Threads

#10 2 years ago

I joined Filefront forums back when I was introduced to Star Trek Armada 2 Files and LotR Files. I went quite inactive from sometime in early 2009 up until recently. I joined this place because it replaced Filefront. I am liking it so far. A lot. Tis good indeed. Next step is to find an avatar, but I am lazy. Yes, that lazy. The avatar might have something to do with Star Trek Online, or perhaps not. Could be anything really.

But seriously, I am glad to see GF in a new light, and that the old forum threads were saved. I like that it's being built from the ground up. It shall be interesting to see how things evolve from here.