help -1 reply

Please wait...

We're currently in the process of moving servers, parts or all of the site will be unavailable for a few hours. Sorry for any inconvenience!

erwinrommel

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

4th April 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

hey ... i downloaded like too much skins, so i cant see them all at the screen ingame... so ... is there a command to change at least next prev skin or to make all skins show at the character select thingy. anyway ... if u can help me plz do meanwile :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

TrentAbru

Addicted to GF

50 XP

30th October 2002

0 Uploads

265 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

The maximum no of selectable models/skins in game (I assume you are talking MP) is around 95 or so after that some of the RAven originals start getting written over in the selection screen. You may also end up losing the ability to select them as bots too. Yoar gonna have to be more selective as to what exactly you have to choose from. You start off with 55 Raven skins/models from which to select in MP, so just think say 40 more. Also note that some models may have lots of skins for example, the clone trooper model has lots seven or eight I think.

There is a similar type of limit on the no of maps that will show in mp, and the number of Sabre models/skins which will show in their respective selection screens, so beware!

erwinrommel

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

4th April 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

thx... :( sadly but thx anyway

TrentAbru

Addicted to GF

50 XP

30th October 2002

0 Uploads

265 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

There has to be finite limit to the number of maps/models/skins/sabers because the program loads everything in the base directory each time at start up ..

Think about this one. It offers you in game the opportunity to add any of your bots, change you saber type, and change your character at any time in aSoloMP game ...

So how could it possibly do this if it did not load them all into memory at the beginning?

Having so much in your base directory slows startup. It also means that if you have a game crash or freeze up, the recommended way (remove things one by one and restart-up) of finding the offending files takes an age!

AbU5e

I Pwnz HgR

50 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

226 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

I'd actually put it down to jka mod loading being poorly implemented, rather than it being a general limitation of modability.

TrentAbru

Addicted to GF

50 XP

30th October 2002

0 Uploads

265 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Whatever the reason, the fact is that if you have near or above this number of skins, you start overwriting the Raven ones from the selection menu. A similar thing affects the JO game.

Gwynzer

Look here I've got a birdie.

50 XP

14th March 2004

0 Uploads

837 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

where do you download this stuff

TrentAbru

Addicted to GF

50 XP

30th October 2002

0 Uploads

265 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

What stuff are you talking about?

Why are you replying to such old threads?