gamer105

my name sucks....

50 XP

16th July 2005

0 Uploads

632 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Hey everyone, i just order jk3 offline it should come on friday can't wait to play online and have fun and such...but im just wondering. Jk3 is sort of old do lots of people still play online? And another thing based on all the info about the game i've read it seem's like multiplayer mode in jk3 is pretty sweet, is it?

Diarrhea Knight

Freedom from Constipation

50 XP

19th May 2005

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

sweeter than any other online game. best part is, even high pingers can join in the fun unlike in CS. And lots and LOTS of ppl play online.

paulzeromi

Tech Support Lackey

50 XP

17th July 2005

0 Uploads

62 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

(Shameless Clan Ad)

Sure, JK3 is fun, but it is even more fun in the [MAJ] Clan! Martial Arts Jedi is a clan dedicated to providing an enjoyable gaming experience to players of all skill levels. We have forums and a dedicated, low ping server. Feel free to post at our forums (majclan.jconserv.net) or just come on in our server at 68.166.253.149:29068. If you have any questions for me, find me on MSN Messenger ([email="paulzeromi@hotmail.com"]paulzeromi@hotmail.com[/email]) or send me an email ([email="paulzeromi@worldnet.att.net"]paulzeromi@worldnet.att.net[/email])

Paul Schorfheide

[MAJ] Clan Leader

Amidala

Don't whine, respawn!

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

505 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago
gamer105Hey everyone, i just order jk3 offline it should come on friday can't wait to play online and have fun and such...but im just wondering. Jk3 is sort of old do lots of people still play online? And another thing based on all the info about the game i've read it seem's like multiplayer mode in jk3 is pretty sweet, is it?

It depends on what you mean by "sweet".

If you have played other similar games like Unreal Tournament 200x, Halo, Far Cry, Counter Strike, Call of Duty, Battlefield 1942, etc. and you are looking for similar fast-paced action set in the Star Wars universe, you will be very disappointed by Jedi Academy.

If your definition of "sweet" is going to a so-called "Free For All" deathmatch server and finding lots of people virtually standing or sitting around, chatting or doing nothing, messing around with grapplehooks, "emotes", and spawning rancors, with occasional duels that are more about following certain rituals than having fun, then you will love Jedi Academy.

If you really want to play the game the way other similar games are played, download the Movie Battles II mod http://www.moviebattles.com , ForceMod III 1.01 http://fm.mt-wudan.com, or play on Capture the Flag or Siege servers.

The_Twig

Guns > Saber

50 XP

14th June 2005

0 Uploads

427 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

Amidala does have a point. Not much of actually FFAing going on. If you're into useless stuff as she stated and being "honorable" then you'll like this game.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 13 years ago

there are still hundreds of Servers for JKA :D and still TONS of people play it

gamer105

my name sucks....

50 XP

16th July 2005

0 Uploads

632 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

Well really im here for the fighting, dueling, team battle, capture the flag, just about anytype. But i would be up to just chilling on the servers, and when i do want to actually battle im sure i can find some servers with people that want to actually play. So basically as long as i can get a good battle everynow and then im just fine. But just to tell you guys i've never played online shooters before in my life so im not to use to the lingo, that's also what makes jk3 interesting it's not just a shooter in the multiplayer mode.

Amidala

Don't whine, respawn!

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

505 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

gamer105But just to tell you guys i've never played online shooters before in my life so im not to use to the lingo...[/QUOTE]

Here are some terms you will likely encounter on a Jedi Academy server:

lam·er n. Slang Pronunciation Key (lā'-mər)

Any player who "kills" another player in a way that the person who was "killed" doesn't like. Rather than simply clicking their mouse once to respawn with full health and shields, the person who was "lamed" will generally whine and cry "lamer!" or "stop laming!" repeatedly until an "admin" notices and "punishes" the "lamer". Which leads us to the next term:

ad·min n. Slang Pronunciation Key (ăd'-mĭn)

A person who has gained advantages over other players not through talent, skill, or practice, but by using the features of a "mod" (game modification) to grant themselves superhuman powers that regular players don't have. This allows them to "punish" and humiliate even superior players who they normally would have no chance of defeating in a fair fight. If some servers are virtual prisons, the "admins" serve as prison guards, smugly patrolling the server or teleporting themselves out of reach so they can enforce the server's "rules" on the unruly "prisoners" (players) in the "prison yard" (server).

noob n. Slang Pronunciation Key (nōōb)

Anyone who "kills" another player using a technique that the person who was "killed" doesn't like or doesn't know how to use skillfully. For example, if you use a rocket launcher or other gun to kill a player who doesn't like guns and\or doesn't know how to use them, they will call you a "gun noob". If you use a saber staff to kill a player who doesn't like the saber staff, they will call you a "staff noob". If you use grip-kick to kill a player who doesn't know how to grip-kick, they will call you a "grip-kick noob", etc. Anyway, you get the idea.

Free For All (FFA) or Deathmatch

These terms are not understood or used on Jedi Academy FFA servers.

[QUOTE=gamer105]But just to tell you guys i've never played online shooters before in my life...

Since the vast majority of Jedi Academy servers have disabled all guns, you could play Jedi Academy online for a year and still say that you have never played an online shooter before in your life...

If you want to play a real shooter, play any other non-Star Wars First Person Shooter (FPS), you know, the shooters that actually have guns available in the servers.

If you want to play an online shooter set in the Star Wars universe, trade in your game for Battlefront or Republic Commando, both of which are real Star Wars "shooters".

If you insist on playing Jedi Academy and your idea of "fun" is to go to a "shooter" game server that has no guns, stand around with your saber (the one weapon allowed) turned off to chat, "chill", and shoot your grapplehook into other player's butts (I won't even touch the symbolic implications there) LOTSgrapple.jpg you can go to any so-called "FFA" server, they are all cookie-cutter alike: JA+ mod, no guns, most Force powers disabled, instant Force regeneration that enables spamming of saber moves that people then complain about, chatting emoting "players", and power-hungry "admins" watching the players like prison guards.

If you insist on playing Jedi Academy as a "shooter", stick with Movie Battles II and other Siege servers, Capture The Flag (CTF) servers, and MyKell's No Limits ForceMod III server 67.15.113.241 (requires ForceMod III 1.01).

gamer105

my name sucks....

50 XP

16th July 2005

0 Uploads

632 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago

nice!! thats just why i said jk3 is cool cause u know it's not just a shooter.

Amidala

Don't whine, respawn!

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

505 Posts

0 Threads

#10 13 years ago

You will fit right in then. You should join a clan and try to become an admin as soon as possible.