RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,933 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,152 Posts

1,333 Threads

#851 11 years ago

You all can thank Trigatx for getting this thread closed. Please give him a huge round of applause. We wouldn't need to close this thread if you lot would all act live civilized human beings.

:mihailhatesu:

:lock: for now...

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Jeff is a mean boss

565,933 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,152 Posts

1,333 Threads

#852 11 years ago

:lock:

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,654 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,732 Posts

2 Threads

#853 11 years ago

This post does not exist.

I don't know how, and I don't know why, but this is totally Sheep's fault.

Jeff is a mean boss

565,933 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,152 Posts

1,333 Threads

#854 11 years ago

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,654 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,732 Posts

2 Threads

#855 11 years ago

This post doesn't exist either. Sorry.

Jeff is a mean boss

565,933 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,152 Posts

1,333 Threads

#856 11 years ago

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,654 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,732 Posts

2 Threads

#857 11 years ago

Just a note about why recent threads regarding KotF have been removed.

This topic remains locked, and thus the topic is officially closed. As has been explained time and time again, if you disagree with a staff decision or want it reviewed, the proper way to get it resolved is to contact a staff member, not to openly ignore us.

However, due to the blacklisted status of the project on JKFiles, a review of the topic's status won't be happening unless Inyri changes her mind and reverses the blacklisting decision. Just as I don't like undermining fellow forum staff members - as I told the people who earlier wanted me to unlock this thread (undermining S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in the process) - I am similarly not going to undermine a network colleague.

This has nothing to do with censorship, or "immaturity", it has to do with the forum rules. JKFiles website policies apply to the forums too, since the site and forums are symbiotic entities. JKFiles policy has KotF blacklisted, and so it is blacklisted here too.

If the former changes, then so will the latter, but until then, sorry, no deal. That's the end of it. I will not undermine two other staff members, I have far too much respect for both of them to pull something like that, so please, stop asking me.

Unless S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Inyri both agree that the project's blacklisted status should be revoked, then it's staying as-is. This isn't a one-man dictatorship.

And as a side note, I'd also like to congratulate S.T.A.L.K.E.R. on his promotion to supermod. :mihailhatesu:

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,654 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,732 Posts

2 Threads

#858 11 years ago

Okay, since a lot of people have probably downloaded this by now, and there's a neck-high stack of reports that it contains trojan droppers and dodgy ActiveX controls, here's a list of free virus scanners, just in case you find yourself needing them.

AVG Avast! Home Edition BitDefender (Linux) ClamAV (Linux) ClamWin CyberHawk

I haven't personally verified these claims, but be aware that there are a lot of red flags being raised by a lot of people.

ModDB certainly believed these claims had more than enough behind them to warrant removing the download and blacklisting the project, so just be warned that there is a risk factor there.

I also hear that he's advising people to remove antivirus programs because they're stopping legitimate programs from running. That is, without a doubt, the most thoroughly stupid thing I have ever heard.

While it is entirely possible that KotF is just generating a false positive - although very unlikely, as it's common knowledge that false positives are almost always exclusive to a single virus scanner - the fact remains that KotF is not the only potential threat out there, and by removing your security software you're leaving yourself vulnerable to millions upon millions of viruses, malwares, spywares and 'hack attacks'.

Nothing is worth that, so please, for your own benefit I'm going to ask you to disregard any advice that involves disabling/uninstalling security software such as anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-spyware and firewall programs.

Okay, I'll get down off my soapbox now. Just wanted to put up the software links in case anyone was dubious that they'd picked something up. A small group of people making claims, one could brush off as childish ranting, but when that "small group" consists of 70+ people from all corners of the globe, all using different scanners, all with nothing in common (that I can see) and all with no prior connections to KotF, it means one of two things: either they're onto something, or it's a conspiracy.

Just be warned there are potential risks, so be careful.

Also, just to note again (due to an influx of PMs/emails), that network and forum staff are not responsible for running and maintaining the main FileFront.com website. Please submit any concerns over files hosted on the main FileFront.com website to the FileFront.com Content Management team via support ticket.

http://support.filefront.com

Thanks.

Jeff is a mean boss

565,933 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,152 Posts

1,333 Threads

#859 11 years ago

Many people are also reporting that the 1.2 gb file contains most of the base JK3 assets, just to bloat its size and make it look like its a real total conversion and only 100-200 mb (at the most) of modded content.

There is a file in there saying that "rest" of the mod will be coming out in a few months.