Gir_teh_Almighteh

need more cowbell?

50 XP

19th May 2006

0 Uploads

1,143 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Why is it, that when some retard posts something shit, and it's clear they are both untalented, and uninterested in hearing other peoples opinions of their work, a bunch of even more stupid fanboys come flocking, and give them endless amounts of ass licking? while other people, who don't post quite so popular projects, but have clearly got skill, ambition, and the willingness to learn, get nothing but shunned? anyone got a good answer?

Zach

50 XP

5th July 2005

0 Uploads

3,271 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Because people want immediate results, don't care about quality, and have no intelligence OR respect whatsoever.

cable1975

cable

50 XP

6th May 2005

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

Nuff said!

Mad Cat MkII

Sazamaphrase

50 XP

7th November 2005

0 Uploads

5,387 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

^ that and fanboyism seams to be in an extream around here latley hence why i have stoped useing FF skins in game its just tireing, personally i would love to see stuff from the imagination.

remember gir populer projects will always get the brown noseing because just that they are from popular things (people can be like catle way to often)

minilogoguy18

kitty dances for rep!

50 XP

4th September 2004

0 Uploads

2,675 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

yeah i pretty much get what your saying, people want a model from some game that they loved way back when and someone makes some half-assed version of it and people go crazy over it but when someone makes something creative and new that is high quality no one seems to care, thats what happens when 90% of everyone here is under 16.

Inyri Forge VIP Member

[Insert User Title Here]

55 XP

15th March 2005

0 Uploads

25,940 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

This forum has stopped being a JA modding forum and has become a FF7 fanboy forum. It's rather sickening, actually, how people have just simply started disregarding any non-FF7 thread posted here.

Ryo Thorn

Sexeh like teh gizmo

50 XP

27th September 2006

0 Uploads

590 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

As far as I tell this'd go in the rant section, but I'm not going to play the backseat mod. As for your question, the obvious answer is Mojo. The level of mojo a person has determines the popularity of their work, not the quality. Yes gentlemen, mojo, buy it now at your local walmart. However, where mojo isn't available, cowbell works decently too.

minilogoguy18

kitty dances for rep!

50 XP

4th September 2004

0 Uploads

2,675 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

Ff8>ff7

Zach

50 XP

5th July 2005

0 Uploads

3,271 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

I have six Flasks of Big Mojo in my bag. Lemme get some. Oh wait, that does nothing.

Actually no. If there's someone that NO ONE knows who suddenly comes out with a halo weapon model that's crap (Or FFVII), everyone goes: "You should make this! And this! And THIS!".

It's called fanboyism, as Inyri, and a couple of others have pointed out.

Ryo Thorn

Sexeh like teh gizmo

50 XP

27th September 2006

0 Uploads

590 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago

Well, what do you lot suggest people make instead of things from other games? Entirely original work? Shizam, I can do that! But the fact is, most original works get overlooked for two reasons A) no one even knows what it is B) most of them are extremely poorly made by newcomers. Hell, my original stuff isn't THAT great. Though.. maybe a retro-revolution is in order, making nes - Snes game characters! But.. interesting point, didn't you yourself Gir mainly release models from ff and other games? *shrug*