I am a clan leader and Im not sure how to make a server please email me some help if you can thank-you :confused: :)
$10 says that Amidala will come and say "Read this entire thread..." Then post the link to a Escaped Turkey thread... Let me see if I kin find it... MWA HA HA HA HAAAA I beat Amidala to it! Read this entire thread http://forums.escapedturkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=623
thx for the info that amidala person is smart for sure but i still dont know if i can play jk3 on the cpu that is running the server!!!???:rolleyes:
Thanks for saving me the trouble, Red Rebel ;)
You CAN play on the same computer running the server, but it's not the best situation because your client (you playing the game) will take computing power away from the server. This is how Raven explains it on Page 41 of the Jedi Academy manual:
A dedicated server is a computer that only runs a game for others. If the Dedicated Server option is set to LAN or Internet (depending on the type of game being set up), the server administrator won't be able to play the game from that computer, but the server will run better for the other players than it would if the administrator were playing along with them. Set to No, the server will allow everyone to play at the same time.
Amidala you seem to know your stuff :) :D :D :) :cya: so can you help some more. With JA+ how do I set up a server do i still go into the game and go create then set up a DS=Dedicated Server, and then put it on Internet. After that what do I do do I take the server.cfg from the JA+ folder and put that in base. Then take the DS and...???!!!:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
I've played the game for like 3 years and have had admin experience. BUT i dont get what you mean do i just 1. Install game 2. Enter game and hit create game then set the DS to "INTERNET" then hit begin. Cause if so then how do I type the admin /amlogin . /amlogin /amlogin . and making the different npc spawns because when i create a LAN server the thing wont let me grapple or spawn or anything. Do I need a mod for cheats like that. or what.!!!???)*(&$[color=black])([/color][color=black]%(#(*#$#$#[/color]!!! PLEASE HELP.!? :D :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
1. Put the japlus folder in GameData. Edit the server.cfg file to set the options you want. Leave it in the japlus folder.
2. If you are going to play on the server, make a shortcut to jamp.exe as I described in the "home server" thread and add +set fs_game japlus at the end of the Target.
3. Use the shortcut to start the game with JA+ running. Then use Create a Game to start the server.
4. If you are going to use the Dedicated Server that is running even when you aren't playing, make the shortcut to jampded.exe instead of jamp.exe.
5. If you get it running, please don't use abusive commands like amslap, ampunish, amslay, etc. or you will make me regret that I helped you. Abuse of those commands has driven tons of players from this game, killing it. slider has seen the light and is taking them out of the next version of JA+.