Cpt. Someguy

Has a gun pointed at you

50 XP

1st June 2003

0 Uploads

767 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Theres this girl in my class that I love to death, and dont want to tell her anything, I am afraid to talk to her. She's one of those 'popular' ppl, and I am one of the 'sit-in-the-back-and-no-one-notices-me-because-I-am-kinda-ugly' ppl. I recently found her email address and I am thinking about emailing her over te summer to see what she thinks. You can find her picture in my post, God shes hot...

Peeping Tom

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

1st March 2003

0 Uploads

2,619 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Umm, maybe a better shot?! Anyhoo, most chix don't enjoy gettin' a call from people they don't talk to and such. You gotta actually DEVELOP a relationship with them. A girl in my class in your postion just did that to me, and I guess I hurt her feelings....But she did kinda scared me (she was one of those chix who fantasize too much....) by the way she kept on coming to me and saying "I MADE IT WEIRD!" and such...

Talk to her in person. Actually see her on a regular basis and develop a friendship before you come off weird, otherwise, you don't stand a chance with anyone...Sorry if I come off cold, but that's the way it is.....

Peeping Tom

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

1st March 2003

0 Uploads

2,619 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Er sorry! Typo! What I meant to say was you stand a better chance if you actually take the time to @ least get to know them. Some people are more attractive from a distance, y'know? How old are you, anyways?

madmanfrommars

How quickly they forget...

50 XP

13th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,914 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Yeah don't just e-mail her if you never talk to her. Your best bet is to hang out with a group of people with her there, and casually get to know her.

If you really need to talk to her online, somehow get into a large chat of people you know with her there.

Mexmadman

[WITH_TEETH]

50 XP

16th November 2002

0 Uploads

1,264 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

yeah im kinda in that situation too, Cpt. Someguy. Ive seen her look @ me but i dont dare talk to her if i get it thrown back in my face. Im sure that her friends would also mock me too if it went wrong.

I guess i could try your advice, guys...

Spyder F-16

Amerika ist Wunderbar

50 XP

2nd February 2003

0 Uploads

2,768 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Ive been there back in the day. :eek:

I'd freeze in gym everytime i'd try to talk over a plan for a game and she was in the group...

her'es a script :D

"Me: Ok,heres the plan {me notices her} me: {gulps} We... we.... ummm... Need to go to the... {palms start to sweat} me: right and swing over here to the ... the... left. {me gets really damn nervous} me: We take the shot to the umm... err.... right. me: we pass it to [insert name here] me: then we pass it to..... [girl's name] {me gulps, forehead noticablly Sweatty} me: then she passes to [Insert classmate name here] me: then hit the ... the .... the... errrmmmm.... Goal.

{Me goes to positions and totally forgets plan}"

Vikki

Nothing more than an adult baby-sitter :rolleyes:

50 XP

19th December 2003

0 Uploads

2,310 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

OK i can tell a little female advice would be good around here.

1. @Cpt. Someguy:

this girl of yours.. if she is a popular girl it might be easier to talk to her WITHOUT her friends hanging from her hip. trust me - if those other girls dont like you, you dont have a fighting chance unless you get a friendship basis down first. if you met her for the first time with a bunch of her friends, then SHE may like you, but when you leave, her friends might be like 'i think you shouldnt talk to him, it might hurt your reputation' and all that shit those bitch friends of the sweet preppy girls say..

(now you have to realize here - this is how things were for ME when i was your age - things might have changed, but i have a good feeling chicks are still the same. you would be amazed at how much influence a girl friend has on another girl. i had a girl friend tell me that i should break up with this guy i had been going out with for over a year. of course i did - and she just said it because she was jealous that i had a boyfriend and she didnt - too bad i was so ignorant i didnt even see that until too late).

I think the email is good (any contact is GOOD contact). DONT tell her you are inlove with her and such, just say ' i found your email address in my yearbook (do you guys still do that?!?) and thought id see how your summer was going. exc.. and if there is anything you guys have in common say it. just make sure its an 'open-ended' statement so she is FORCED to email you back so she doesnt seem mean. If you can get a friendship basis by the time summer is over, that would be great to be able to go back to school with - that way she will aknowledge you.

She looks sweet and innocent enough, so im sure you will have luck - atleast getting a good friend.

BTW - i know how you feel about being left out - i was an ugly child and thats probably why i have no self-esteem. just dont let it get to you or else you will turn out like me.

Jeff Über Admin

I am a mean boss ⬆️⬆️⬇️⬇️⬅️➡️⬅️➡️🅱🅰

184,626 XP

6th April 2000

0 Uploads

14,591 Posts

1,534 Threads

#8 15 years ago

I was about to say E-Mailing as the first real contact is a bad idea. If I were a hot girl (lol) and I got an email from a guy that I´ve never even talked to asking me how my summer is, I´d prolly be like wth??? Or, if she´s somewhat of a sensitive girl (which popular girls don´t seem to be or atleast don´t pretend to be to strangers) she´ll appreciate the attention.

Anyway, it must be a tough situation, I haven´t been in one like that, I´m a little bit shy sometimes myself I must admit but there´s always a way. If you want you can even get a relation ship going with J. Lo, anything is possible as long as you believe in yourself. (And no you can´t fly... nor lift a car etc... but you get my point)

Oh btw, something that made me a local celebrity lol or atleast everybody in high school knew me:

I guess I already had an advantage cuz I was an exchange student from Holland in the US for a year. Everybody was like "yeah holland rulez, weed, blablbal, dope, blablba" I was like hell yeah blablbal while I only smoked a joint once when I was in holland but I was digging the attention, had a good amount of friends, etc. Then we had this Open Mic one day and me, the austrian exchagne student and one of the wicked´s guys of the school and a good friend of mine made this parody on this Alladin movie song and called it the Heineken Song. I was wearing my heineken cap I bought in Las Vegas earlier and was loving it. Like I said I´m a bit shy at times and I could never see myself in front of the entire school singing a song (and I don´t have that good of a voice) while being SOBER!!! But I did it and never regret it, everybody was loving it. I could already get along with EVERYBODY from freshman through seniors (was a junior myself) and had a lot of parties but this boosted it even more, in a way you could say it was good for my "carreer" lol.

Anyway, I´m not sure what I´m trying to say with this, just thought I´d share a little piece of my life.

That year of high school in the US (4 years ago now) was the best year of my life so far btw, mostly because of the excellent host mom and bro. I had and my "popularity" at school and all the parties we don´t have in holland (here we take a cab to the bar, get drunk and take a cab back home. In the US, as much as people would like to deny, people get drunk drive around or do other stupid shit. We always took a keg into the woods (lots of woods around there) and got drunk and always had to manage to get home, etc. anyway was a lot of fun in the woods when everybody was drunk, that´s american-style partying)

Ok back to PHP-ing now :D

Product Manager | GameFront.com

Vikki

Nothing more than an adult baby-sitter :rolleyes:

50 XP

19th December 2003

0 Uploads

2,310 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

I dont deny it - we are a bunch of idiots when it comes to drinking - fun, but idiots. Its nice knowing a little bit about the guy who heads everything around here

btw - didnt they yell at you for wearing a beer cap in school???

Jeff Über Admin

I am a mean boss ⬆️⬆️⬇️⬇️⬅️➡️⬅️➡️🅱🅰

184,626 XP

6th April 2000

0 Uploads

14,591 Posts

1,534 Threads

#10 15 years ago

No that was the weird thing, I thought SOMEthign was gonna happen because I was basically telling everybody that drinking beer is good :) and the cap and the song were my promo materials lol.

I think I even said hi to the principal (she´s very cool though) after the open mic

Product Manager | GameFront.com