How can I put my skin in game? My custom skin is in base/models/players/stormtrooper. In the stormtrooper folder there is:-
animevents.cfg model.glm sounds.cfg Jicon_officer.jpg Jshoulder.jpg Jhelmet.jpg Jmodel_default_officer.skin armor_spec.jpg torso_legs.jpg torso_legs_spec.jpg
I then created a SKINS folder in my gamedata folder and copied the model folder and everything inside it, into the SKINS folder. I then go into the SKINS folder and create a .zip file. I double click that and click add. I add everything from the SKIN folder into the .zip file, add all subfolders is ticked, and I press "add with wildcards". I exit winzip and rename the .zip file into a .pk3 file. I put it in my base folder and run Jedi Academy but my skin does not appear in profile.
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING
1) delete all "J" before names
2) rename Jmodel_default_officer to model_default
3) rename Jicon_officer.jpg to icon_default.jpg
4) Copy all files to models\players\yourskin (replace "yourskin" with for examle "Stormie")
5) Edit "model_default.skin" like this: hips,models/players/stormie/torso_legs.tga (stormie = yourskin name)
6) Right click on "models" folder Choose from menu > winzip > add to zip file Enter the name (stormie.pk3) WITH "PK3" AS THREE LAST LETTERS
7) Copy "stormie.pk3" to your gamedata\base
Thanks alot mate. That got my skin working perfectly. :cheers: